TTC #2 - Not Going Well... (Now even worse, ugh)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2014, 05:54 AM
Hi all,

I have a daughter who's going to turn 18 months next week and we're TTC #2. We've tried on about 5 cycles now, but no luck so far (AF is about to come on this current cycle; scheduled for today but I can feel the cramps starting, I've started having light discharge, and I got a BFN yesterday). AF came back in January when my daughter was 11 months, and I was BF my daughter until the very start of 15 months (she decided she was no longer interested...).

While TTC #1, I got pregnant the first month but I had an early MC. We had two more unsuccessful cycles (both of which weren't really good attempts due to my husband being sick the first month and then just not being able to *ahem* finish the deed the second month), but then got a BFP on the 4th cycle. I tried every trick in the book while TTC on the later cycles since I very anxious to get pregnant again after the MC.

This time... a big fat NOTHING so far. We were less than careful on a cycle or two (we just use condoms), then started TTC for the last 5 cycles. I haven't been trying any TTC "tricks" yet as I've been trying not to stress, but each cycle that goes by I'm getting more disappointed when the tests are negative and AF comes. We're DTD at the right times compared to ovulation.

I know we haven't been trying long and it's normal for it to take a while (instead of how it was our first time), but it's still frustrating. Is anyone in a similar boat?

*Edit: I think it also doesn't help that every month I kind of secretly feel like I must be pregnant, and even the BFNs can be hard to believe because with the MC I didn't get my BFP until three days past my missed AF (and I did get BFNs every day before that). And with my daughter I got a BFP on dpo9, so I often will test a little early. Ugh, it's maddening!

Last edited by everythingistaken; August 3rd, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
July 31st, 2014, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry it's not going well. I am about to start cycle 6. They do say it could take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive and at that point, to seek advice. You could always call your doc for some support and maybe early easy testing like bloodwork. Also, you might want to use some opks or temp to confirm o and such. Good luck!

July 31st, 2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks, andbabymakes6! This will also be our 6th cycle of actually TTC. Based on opks I've been olvuating. I haven't gotten back into temping yet (I did the month I did get my BFP before), but I think I'll try it this next month.

Even though you KNOW that it can take time, it still feels frustrating, especially when a lot of people who had a baby right around the time of my daughter are expecting again.
July 31st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya...our first was a piece of cake, but #2 took 9 months and we felt the same way like why is this taking so long when the first was easy? #3 was a surprise and now we are trying for #4 and like I said starting our 6th cycle. I think since #2 took 9 months, it's a little easier this go around, but once I hit 9 I am sure I'm going to be very annoyed then.

July 31st, 2014, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand your frustration! With DD we got pregnant in 3 cycles and it was actually my first cycle ovulating after coming off the depo so it seemed to happen so fast. I'm about to finish up cycle number 5, and it is starting to take it's toll. I know it's not a super long time, but any amount of time is too long when you are ready.
Pregnant with baby #2. E.D.D May 12, 2015
July 31st, 2014, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know the feeling. We're TTC #2 and I've been off the pill for the majority of the last 15 months, with the exception of 2 months. It is so frustrating!

TTC #2
July 31st, 2014, 07:50 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
I can feel your frustration...I have three kiddos, trying for #4 and it's been over a year :/ I just keep telling myself it will happen when it's supposed to happen But I do the same thing every month....

July 31st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Veteran
I hope you get a bfp soon! We're just starting to actively ttc #2. Dd is 20 months & my first pp period was in April. My cycle length is a bit out of whack (but never was clock work). I'm finishing up my period (tomorrow should be the last day) and trying to temp, but it's hard to get good numbers if the baby wakes up in the wee hrs of the AM and throws the temping off! With #1 I was so fascinated by how my body worked that temping & learning about my body was fun. Will start cervix checks and bd frequently to cover, but DH has a work trip mid month that could mess impact this cycle :\. Hopefully it can stay fun for #2
August 1st, 2014, 12:38 AM
Libby22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 girls, got pregnant 1st try on both of them and with my loss, ttc for my 4th pregnancy 18mths for far still no luck, i know how hard it can be, ladies here are great to talk to.

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP
August 1st, 2014, 08:07 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Hugs. It's hard every time. You think you'll be more patient, but it doesn't happen lol. It took 18 months for #1, 5months for #2 and so far it's been about 4 cycles.

August 3rd, 2014, 03:57 AM
So, it turns out things were going better than I thought... AF never came on Thursday and on Friday I got a BFP! I was shocked since I had gotten a BFN on Tuesday. I had a little red discharge on Friday and then a tiny bit of pink in my CM on and off Friday and Saturday so I'm worried I'll MC again, but for now I'm trying to stay positive (especially since I did have some similar spotting around my missed AF with my daughter). My fingers are crossed!
August 3rd, 2014, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I hope the spotting is nothing.

August 3rd, 2014, 06:46 AM
So... then when I woke up this morning and went and got my shower there was a lot more watery red blood (enough to see when I wiped). It's still possible, but at this point it looks like AF is on the way. I guess we'll br on to the 6th cycle.
August 3rd, 2014, 07:25 AM
Yeah, AF has definitely come. I'm trying to stay positive - I knew it might happen again, and we can try next month.
August 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
It's so weird, my symptoms this time were already really strong. But I I guess I was wrong. It's definitely AF, with super strong cramps. I was okay with it this morning, but now I'm getting sad. I only knew for a couple days, but it's still hard. And now that it's happened twice (not just once), I'm afraid it will keep happening. I'm just depressed now.
August 4th, 2014, 07:53 AM
michelle_m's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry AF showed. I hope you get a bfp this coming cycle.
After 2 years of infertility, IUI #3 with Clomid 75mg brought us twins.
E and N, born 6 weeks early but healthy, 1/11.
5/14 to 5/15 - TTC #3 for 1 year, then started Synthroid.
5/13/15 - Natural BFP. Chemical Pregnancy.
6/10/15 - A second natural BFP. Due Feb. 21st, 2016.

August 4th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. Hugs!

August 5th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. We tried for 11 months before we got a BFP. I lost that baby to miscarriage. It was heart breaking. We are now on cycle #4 post miscarriage. This cycle, I started seeing an RE and he found out I have low progesterone which could be why it took so long to get pregnant and also why I miscarried. So we are on our first medicated cycle. I'm 10DPO and I'm still seeing left over HCG from my trigger shot. No BFP yet. And I'm already feeling out. Sigh.

Me: 33 DH: 36 DS: 3 TTC #2 since May 2013
BFP: 4/19/14 Miscarried at 6 weeks April 2014
BFP: 5/24/15 Miscarried at 4 weeks May 2015

BFP: 10/15/15 Miscarried at 7w4d November 2015

My chart: My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search