Has Anyone Been 28 DPO and Still Get BFP?!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By taatie10
  • 1 Post By JCT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Hi ladies!

So I'm sure many of you will likely suggest I'm not pregnant but I wanted to see if anyone has been in my position and still received a BFP.

I'm at 28 DPO and missed my period. My husband and I are TTC. We even used an ovulation kit to make timing as easy as possible. I've been experiencing cramping in my lower left abdomen for the past several days and lower back pinches/spurts of pain. I've also recently started getting headaches. I've taken several HPTs and all have come out BFN. I was scheduled for a doctor's appointment today but due to the impending hurricane in my area, all appointments were cancelled and rescheduled. Mine was rescheduled 2 weeks from now!

I'm 29 years old and we are not on any birth control. I stopped using the NuvaRing back in March.

Any suggestions, similar experiences, and advice is welcome! Really wishing my appointment wasn't pushed back but we'll see how things turn out. Thanks in advance, all!
August 9th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
When you were doing the opk's, did you stop as soon as you got your first positive? Sometimes, even when you get a positive, you don't always ovulate. So you may have done so later in your cycle.

But, if you really are 28dpo, you should be pregnant, and be getting bf's.

You must be in Hawaii, that's where I live, too!

August 9th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Yes, Wendy, I am also in Hawaii!

We had intercourse that entire week and several days afterward. Hoping my HcG levels are just low. I've read on other forums that women continue to get BFNs until they're almost 2 months pregnant! Crazy. I understand that's not a normal situation and perhaps we're grasping at straws, but it's hard not to keep our hopes up until we finally hear something definitive from our doctor. Fingers crossed !
August 9th, 2014, 10:33 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
A friend of mine never a got a BFP with any pregnancy test she took in both her pregnancies. She was nearly 5 mos by the time she found out with one of her son's.
SO I'd say anything is possible.
Have you tried using different brands, Pink dye vs Blue, Digital?
JCT likes this.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 9th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Oooh, that's positive news! I have tried a few.....I tried one box of the generic brand, one box of 2 pink tests, and one box of 2 blue tests. Maybe the hubby and I will be one of the small percentages that don't show up on HPTs.
taatie10 likes this.
August 11th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wonder if you can just ask your doc to order you a blood test to confirm. That way, you can just do that and get the answers before your appointment....good luck!

August 11th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Veteran
I'd suggest a different brand HPT.

It was my 3rd brand that gave me the BFP - tried and trusted First Response.

Fingers crossed for you!

August 11th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Super Mommy
My mom didn't know she was pregnant with me until I kicked her. Blood and urine tests were both negative. Ultrasound confirmed. Same with my brothers. Sometimes your pee won't bond with the tests correctly.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search