Anyones DH have Varicocele Treatment?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MandyAnn
  • 1 Post By aStarIsBorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2014, 02:26 AM
MandyAnn's Avatar aka "JennyForrest"
I also posted this on the TTC with Male Infertility board. But has anyones' DH done the embolization or. surgical ligation for Varicocele? We are trying to decide what would be best. I worry about putting something in his body, but not sure if we want to have his abdomen cut open either. How big is the scar with the embolization vs. surgical ligation. What about pain with both? I have read that the coil with embolization can cause pain later on. We are so confused as to what to do.

Thank you Mrs.Black2006 for my perfect siggy!

All we wanted for Christmas was 2 lines and a + sign.
After 14 months of TTC we are due with our first child August 15, 2015!!!

12/7 15dpo BFP

12/17 Ultrasound #1 5w4d 80 bpm
12/21 HCG 6w1d 63,908
12/23 2nd HCG 6w3d 85,367
12/29 Ultrasound #2 7w2d
August 19th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has the doctor offered any thoughts on which would be better? I don't know anything about it, sorry. Also, I know my insurance offers a nurse service that you can call and talk with someone about medical things. Does yours offer something like that where you can get another opinion from a medical expert without having to actually see someone? The only other thing I can think of is to google it and see what other people had to say that way.

August 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Not really. My DH is seeing another doctor tomorrow to get more info on the embolization. I did some googling but most people only post the bad and not the good. I was hoping for some first hand experience on here.

12/7 15dpo BFP

12/21 HCG 6w1d 63,908
12/29 Ultrasound #2 7w2d
August 29th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Just wanted to update y'all. Not sure if it matters but it makes me feel better to post somewhere what's going on!

So my DH has surgery scheduled for the next of next week! I didn't think he would be having this done so soon. I really thought it would be more like October. I'm freaking out a little. I don't like the idea of that part of his body being messed with! Prayers that this will work and give us our baby.

I had a dream last night that really bothered me. I was pregnant and went into labor. We had no idea we were pregnant since I was busy with school and did not notice any changes and got AF every month. We had a boy and were totally unprepared. We had nothing for him and could not even decide on a name for 2 days! I told my DH, well at least you don't need surgery anymore.
Crazy part is when I woke up and turned on the TV, "I didn't know I was pregnant" was on. LMAO!

12/7 15dpo BFP

12/21 HCG 6w1d 63,908
12/29 Ultrasound #2 7w2d
August 29th, 2014, 06:05 AM
~*Tina*~
i think its good that its scheduled so soon!! what day is it? i bet itll definitely help with his count. that dream is funny!
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

August 29th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with the surgery. Praying it all goes well, he heals quickly and then you guys get a bfp. It's great things are moving forward so quickly.

August 29th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck girl! I just went through my DF getting surgery and I know how it feels to see them go through all that. It may be really hard on them, but it's hard on us too. I hope everything goes smoothly and you get your BFP soon to make it all worth it!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
August 29th, 2014, 06:41 PM
It's supposed to be Next Friday, but that depends on our insurance. Hoping everything goes as planed.

The morbid part of me wants to see if I can be in the room and watch! I'm taking an anatomy class right now and it would be awesome to see something like that up close.

I'm not sure what our plan will be after his procedure. I know they will want to do another SA after 90 days, so might just ntnp until Christmas. Ugh! Why can't we be like "normal" people where one day I realize that AF is 2 weeks late... All this planning sucks!

12/7 15dpo BFP

12/21 HCG 6w1d 63,908
12/29 Ultrasound #2 7w2d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search