Pregnancy before first AF after a miscarriage

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Hello,
Some of you may remember me, at the beginning of May I fell pregnant with my first baby only to miscarry on June 11th due to slow rising HCG levels. Yesterday, 9 dpo I got another positive pregnancy test, very faint which was confirmed today with another ultra sensitive hpt (10 miu/ml). The line is still faint but definitely clear now. This happened before my first period. My question is, has anyone been in my situation? Falling pregnant before their first period after a miscarriage? How did it go? It's an idea rooted somewhere in the darkest corners of my mind..
July 17th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy, I had a missed miscarriage (heart stopped around 7 weeks). We did a D&C and then we fell pregnant that cycle before my period after the D&C. We had a healthy little boy who is now 9. Good luck!

MMC 2007, DS 2008, DS 2010, DS 2012, DS 2015, MC 2017 BFP 2017

July 17th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Thank you for your response! It's such a stressful time, isn't it? And to top it off, I had some brown discharge today. Could it be IB? Otherwise, I may not like the reason behind the discharge. Btw, I'm only 10 DPO atm..
July 17th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yes! I have gotten pregnant on miscarriage cycles and gone to have healthy pregnancies three times. =)

I got pregnant in April 2011, due Christmas Day. Lost that one, immediately pregnant again, and delivered a girl on Valentine's 2012.

Miscarried one Dec 2012. Took a while to ovulate (31 days!) but when I did, I got pregnant with DD3. I had two instances that cycle where it looked like I was about to O and didn't. I was avoiding. When I saw fertility signs a third time, I thought it was another fake out and didn't avoid. lol

With this last one, I had a miscarriage, and was going to avoid again. I had been O'ing on CD 21+ for months. So of course that cycle I O'd on CD 14. I never O that early! I knew the next day I would be pregnant, and 10 days later there was a BFP.

Good luck! I hope this is your sticky!
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
July 18th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Hi, thanks for your replies. It's comforting to hear positive stories but I keep stressing with every little thing. I just inserted my progesterone pill and cervix seemed completely open. We'll see. Maybe it's too early. I didn t retest today because it s just stressing me too much. I will check HCG values at the end of the week because even though I m dreading this, I still need to know. I had the medical miscarriage induced last time due to HCG levels not doubling...
July 18th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never gotten pregnant right after a loss, but I wanted to wish you a H&H pregnancy. Pregnancy after loss is SOOOOO stressful! It's easier said than done, but try to focus on the joy of your new little blessing. You are not betraying the baby you lost, but rather celebrating new life.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP #4: 5/14, our second rainbow, DD born 1/23/15
Praying for another LO!
July 26th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Update: I have done 4 betas so far and they all doubled. 70 on 12 dpo, 168 on 14 dpo, 785 on 17 dpo and 2098 on 19 dpo. However, I' m majorly concerned because i had brown spotting since yesterday though now it has stopped. I came on holiday in Italy yesterday(by plane) and was supposed to come back in my country on Saturday. I went to ER due to spotting and did the hcg that showed beta at 2098 but no gestational sac. They said either it s ectopic or I m miscarrying again. In 6 hours i m flying back home to be checked by my doc. Extremely worried. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Today it s 19 dpo.
July 26th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are only 19dpo I think it is still really early to see anything in US. Don't give up yet! As long as the betas are increasing hang onto hope!
Praying for another LO!
July 31st, 2017, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I too wasn't lucky enough to get pregnant right after my MC, in fact we're still TTC since our loss. I hope with all hope that you come back with a positive update. I reiterate what the PP said, at 19 DPO it would be WAY too early to see even a gestational sac on ultrasound, that's why most doctor's don't even do a dating ultrasound until at least 8 weeks. If your beta HCG is at least doubling, that's a sign of a healthy pregnancy. Brown spotting is also deemed to be normal, if it turns red, especially red with clots, that's a cause to be concerned.

Hope all goes well on your trip home. Hugs! I can't imagine the nerves of having a pregnancy after loss, I am sure I will be just as much of a mess.
Jesse: 10 weeks - Feb 2017 TTC #4 w/ lots of prayer our RAINBOW baby!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

July 31st, 2017, 05:14 PM
Libby22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i did shes 6 now

My Ovulation Chart

missed m/c 28 march 2010- Toni 11 weeks CP 11 march 2015- Katie 4 weeks 10 May 2015 Lilly- 4 weeks CP blighted ovum 2017
August 1st, 2017, 01:06 PM
UpdateUnfortunately, I don't have very good news. I have been spotting for a week now. It was more red before, it's turned dark brown now. I have done an U/S the day I got home and my doc saw something in in my uterus but couldn t confirm yet. 4 days later the gestational sac was a bit bigger and a tiny yolk sac appeared of 2.6 mm. He asked me to do 2 betas and they are not doubling anymore. He didn t take into account the result from Italy saying different labs give different results. So on 17 dpo I was 785 and on 22 dpo it was 3836. So not quite doubling anymore. 24 dpo my hcg went up to 6569. He was actually happy about my hcg saying it s a good rise. And telling me my pregnancy is advancing normally. I wanted to see it double. I m very scared given I miscarried just few months ago and the fact I bleed every single day. Actually more like spotting. Not much. Any insights or similar situations? My doc and DH keep saying I stress too much but I just can t stop it. I am freaking out. Plus I have no symptoms. Very very little breast sensitivity and that's all.
Will update in 2 weeks when I have my next U/S scheduled.

Last edited by aaliyahmada; August 1st, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
August 1st, 2017, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that your doctor gave you some "good news". hcg that doesn't exactly double isn't necessarily a bad thing, at some points it levels a little. If your doctor is happy with your numbers and your bleeding is easing up, I'd say take that as good news and "try" not to worry. I know it's hard, especially when you just had a miscarriage, but you have to realize too that a lot of stress is not good for that growing baby either. So hopefully you can take what the doctor said and go with that and just trust that it'll all work out how it's supposed to. I hope you come back in a few weeks with a good ultrasound update!! I wish I had better insight, but I am still waiting for my rainbow baby...
Jesse: 10 weeks - Feb 2017 TTC #4 w/ lots of prayer our RAINBOW baby!
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

August 1st, 2017, 02:58 PM
Thank you very much for your reply. I too hope to come back with good results. In my case, I'm almost positive that Vitex and Ovulation tests helped me get pregnant. The only thing I did different both of the times I got BFPs. Might have helped me given I am hypothyroid with Hashimoto's disease.
August 2nd, 2017, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad there there is some good news. Hopefully everything will continue to go well. Prayers for a positive U/S.
Praying for another LO!
August 2nd, 2017, 09:29 AM
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm still reserved in being too optimistic. I bleed daily. Today I had moderate cramps that only gave in 2 hours after taking No-Spa. Also I don't feel well. I have a constant low pelvic pressure. Sometimes pretty bad feeling like I'm close to getting my mense. Is it normal to have low abdominal discomfort? Like full, hard belly at times. At other times just twinges all over the belly, especially on the left ovary side. Doc is VERY upset with me because I question his authority. I just feel so worried with all the blood, pain and hcg not doubling at 48 hours. Wish I could fall asleep and wake up 12 days later when I get my U/S. Is moderate belly pain normal? I am 5 weeks 5 days today.
August 2nd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahmada View Post
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm still reserved in being too optimistic. I bleed daily. Today I had moderate cramps that only gave in 2 hours after taking No-Spa. Also I don't feel well. I have a constant low pelvic pressure. Sometimes pretty bad feeling like I'm close to getting my mense. Is it normal to have low abdominal discomfort? Like full, hard belly at times. At other times just twinges all over the belly, especially on the left ovary side. Doc is VERY upset with me because I question his authority. I just feel so worried with all the blood, pain and hcg not doubling at 48 hours. Wish I could fall asleep and wake up 12 days later when I get my U/S. Is moderate belly pain normal? I am 5 weeks 5 days today.
Yes. Bleeding is normal, especially in the first trimester. If your bleeding gets darker red and has clots, go to the ER though. Abdominal discomfort like you're describing is normal also. Your uterus is going to cramp as it stretches and grows. At times it feels like you're about to get your period but that's normal. In my last pregnancy I cramped for a good 6 weeks, some women do longer. Try to breathe and relax, drink lots of water and trust your doctor. If you feel he isn't meeting your needs and concerns, see if you can get into see another one. Again, wish you all the best!
August 4th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Update

I had blood drawn again today, 4 days later. Last time on Monday it was 6569 and today Friday is 15.212. It doubles in 83 hours according to online calculators. Isn't it too slow? It's freaking me out...
August 4th, 2017, 10:38 AM
PlEASE WATCH following video link i hope your problem may be slove.

video link : https://youtu.be/xE_8ZrarLDQ
August 4th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahmada View Post
Update

I had blood drawn again today, 4 days later. Last time on Monday it was 6569 and today Friday is 15.212. It doubles in 83 hours according to online calculators. Isn't it too slow? It's freaking me out...
I'm not sure how long into a pregnancy you can count on "doubling." I think you get to the point where an U/S is more valuable than lab draws (but I could be wrong).

Still sending positive energy your way!
Praying for another LO!
August 6th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Thanks for your kind thoughts again. I thought doubling should be 2-3 days,mine was 83 hours and it s still quite early. Only 5 weeks and a half at the mom bloods were drawn. Has anyone had this slow a rising so early?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search