hi all

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2005, 04:14 PM
HI EVERYONE, I'M NEARLY 36 AND TTC FOR THE LAST 7 MONTHS .
I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER (WITH MY HUSBAND) BUT I FEEL AS IF I'M NOW MAYBE TOO OLD .
THIS MONTH I HAVE CONVINCED MYDSELF YET AGAIN THAT I AM PREGNANT AND I AM ALREADY ON MY 3RD TEST NOT DUE FOR AF TILL 06/05/05 .
ON THE LAST TEST I DID (TODAY) I GOT THE FAINTEST LINE BUT BECAUSE ITS SO EARLY I'M NOW CONVINCED ITS EVAPORATION LINE. ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO FAINT NOBODY ELSE CAN SEE IT. IS ANYONE ELSE SO IMPATIENT OR AM I THE ONLY ONE FEELING LIKE THIS
April 27th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi first of All welcome to JM. I am 33 and have been TTC for the past 8 months I have a 9 year old daughter so I know excatly how you feel. It gets hard TTC and month after Month getting a BFN. I hope that you find as much useful info on this board as I do. I hope that you get your BFP this month. ~*~*Baby Dust~*~*

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 27th, 2005, 04:23 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome. I am a newbie myself, but please don't say you are too old! I am 37 and have just started TTC #1. I know how you feel though, I am afraid that I have waited too long and I'll have trouble conceiving. Everyone here is great though and very supportive. I hope you find as much information here as I have. Good luck and lot's of baby dust.
April 27th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome to JM!

Everyone is very supportive here! I really think that you are not too old, just make sure that you have a work up and are aggressive so that if you do have a problem it can be addressed now and not 2 yrs from now. My doc is very aggressive because I have ovulation problems. Wishing you a BFP soon!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
April 27th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sue and DreamChaser,
I am 36 and TTC #3. Maybe we should start the "Senior TTC Club" Totally kidding of course. This is our first month of really TTC. I have a two boys who are 2 and 4. I got PG very easily with them, but I am wondering if it will be as easy this time around considering my aging ovaries. (Guess I'll find out in about 2 weeks) Anyway, just wanted to tell you that there are plenty of us here that are not 20 something anymore. Wishing you luck on this journey.
Kathy
April 28th, 2005, 04:49 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and good luck TTC -you are not too old!!!, I'm 34 and ttc #3, I'm hoping it wont take to long though!!
April 28th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Regular
hi and welcome i wonder the same about my age . im 32 .. but i can tell you my exhusbands girlfriend (we werent ex when it happened) but she is 36 and just got pregnant in Dec. and supposedly they werent trying so no way do i think youre too old. Also something that gives me hope when i start feeling too old is both of my grandmothers had their last children at 42 so i think if they can do it and back then when that was very uncommon then i can do it too

<center></center>

<center></center>

^8^ ^8^
April 28th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sue@Apr 27 2005, 05:14 PM
HI EVERYONE, I'M NEARLY 36 AND TTC FOR THE LAST 7 MONTHS .
I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER (WITH MY HUSBAND) BUT I FEEL AS IF I'M NOW MAYBE TOO OLD .
THIS MONTH I HAVE CONVINCED MYDSELF YET AGAIN THAT I AM PREGNANT AND I AM ALREADY ON MY 3RD TEST NOT DUE FOR AF TILL 06/05/05 .
ON THE LAST TEST I DID (TODAY) I GOT THE FAINTEST LINE BUT BECAUSE ITS SO EARLY I'M NOW CONVINCED ITS EVAPORATION LINE. ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO FAINT NOBODY ELSE CAN SEE IT. IS ANYONE ELSE SO IMPATIENT OR AM I THE ONLY ONE FEELING LIKE THIS
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Welcome! Yes, if AF is not due for another 7 days...and you've already taken 3 tests...I think that is just setting yourself up for disappointment. As hard as it is...if you wait to test until you actually are late for an AF at least then you only have to test once (most of the time) and you know the result is correct. The earliest test i am aware of is First Response..and that 'says' it can detect a pregnancy 4 days prior to expected AF date. Well good luck
April 28th, 2005, 07:02 AM
thank you all for your words of encouragment, it is great to have so many replies it does help to speak to people in the same predicament as myself. Well i still have 8 days until my af so keeping everything crossed and i feel more optimistic today. I hope that all of you good people get your bfp very soon LOTS OF BABY DUST TO YOU ALL
April 28th, 2005, 07:50 AM
maof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to maof2
Welcome, I new here too and I am 37yrs old too and trying for # 2 keep your chin up things will work out. I too have gotten a little discouraged I got a bfp last month and then m/c early. Just got confirmation from dr. that levels are now normal and can try again.

Lots of baby dust

Pat

April 28th, 2005, 08:57 AM
darlajortega's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to JM everyone here is great!
You are not to old ! Keep positive and we all are here for you
April 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM! I'm sure you will love it here on the ttc board, the woman are kind and supportive. I'm sure your age won't be a problem, your not OLD. Good luck to you, I hope you get your bfp soon.
April 28th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Veteran
Welcome to JM. I know you'll love it here.

Actually ttc #2 in between 2 m/c's I'm not feeling desparate. It's a wierd feeling, much different than when I was ttc #1.

April 29th, 2005, 02:25 AM
HI ALL,
LITTLE BIT CONFUSED AND MAYBE OVER OPTIMISTIC. OV ON 23/04/05 DUE MY AF ON 6/05/05 DURING OV I HAD A REDDY BROWN DISCHARGE WOKE UP THIS MORNING WITH ANOTHER AND HAD LOWER BELLY CRAMPING YESTERDAY . I'M TRYING NOT TO GET TOO EXCITED BUT I DONT THINK THIS HAS HAPPEND BEFORE IT COULD BE THE ILLUSIVE IMPLANTATION BLEED? OR KNOWING MY LUCK INFECTION.
HOPE ALL YOU ARE FINE AND PLENTY OF BABYDUST ALL ROUND.
April 29th, 2005, 07:04 AM
monkhester
Hey, Sue. First let me say "Welcome to the Board." Then I want to say, "I'm Desperate! I'm Desperate! I'm Desperate! I'm Desperate! I'm Desperate! I'm Desperate! I'm Desperate!

Feeling Better?

I am 44-years old and have been ttc since Feb. Like everyone here, I am wishing for my BFP yesterday!

Good luck soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search