question for charters

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Okay, I've been charting, and it seems all over the place. I am also using an OPK. So far I haven't hit my surge (at least I don't think I have). But, I have a question.

Will your temp stay up a little before ovulation, then dip on the day of, then rise again? If I don't notice my surge...will I be able to determine when O is coming due to temps?

Last cycle (when I conceived), I "O"d on cd21, but with the clomid and m/c I wonder if I might O a little sooner this cycle.

I'm just trying to make sure I catch that egg!!! Basically, again...will I see my O coming based on temps??

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks ladies! Good luck and baby dust to all

April 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Just popping over here. Charting is not the best way to tell when you ovulation as far as predicting it before it occurs. By the time you have seen the rise in temp you have already ovulated. Some women will see a dip before it rises but if you do its not very much of a dip and you may or may not see this. Also its so subtle that you may not be able to tell if its just a normal temperature fluxuation or not.

It is good to chart because it helps you to see a pattern of when you ovulate and also you can tell if you bd'd on the right day. You should watch for other signs like cervical mucous as well.

Justmommies has some good information on charting.
If you haven't looked at our TTC Channel page you should take a peak at it. http://www.justmommies.com/ttcchannel.shtml

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search