Exercise

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2005, 11:02 AM
kimg's Avatar Member
Okay, I have read varying opinions on this matter, so what do you guys think? I currently exercise 4 times a week: 20 min. on elliptical machine, and about 40 min. strength training on machines.
Is this in any way hurting my chances of conceiving, or do I just keep on? I am at a healthy weight, and am 27 years old.

Also, what about your drinking habits, ladies? We just started TTC, and I find it hard to not drink wine at all (like 1 glass every other night or so) when I am not even pregnant yet....the same goes with caffeine. I drink green tea, and coffee in the morning.
Is this horrible? Should I be totally abstaining already?

Thanks!

Wishing all you wonderful ladies lots of baby dust!
Kim
May 5th, 2005, 11:05 AM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well first, welcome to JM. I'm not too sure about the exercising. Being fit and healthy is a good thing when ttc, but I don't know how much is too much. Drinking habits, I think any alcohol is a no-no, but maybe a glass of wine won't hurt. Maybe it could help. I've heard green tea is helpful, but coffee is no good. Good luck ttc and lotsa babydust to you.

May 5th, 2005, 11:18 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would keep up the exercising at least for right now. The dr might tell you to back off after you get pregnant.

I don't have a drink unless I know for sure that I'm not pregnant. So, during my two week wait I don't have a drink. Coffee is ok as long as it's in moderation. Maybe one cup a day. That includes pop. Drink plenty of water also.

Good luck and baby dust!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

May 5th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to JM! Too much exercise can cause an woman to stop ovulating. I am not sure you are exercising too much though. When you do exercise, do you do 20 min cardio then 40 min. of strength training each time you exercise? If so, I would keep the cardio to 20 minutes a day and cut the strength training to 20 minutes a day. That way you are getting 40min of exercise 4 days a week.
I wish I had the same self discipline as you do!
As far as the wine, I personally do not think a glass will hurt once in a while. When I for sure know I am not pg, then I will have a glass of wine if I want. When its close to ovulation time, I don't have any and I wait again until I know for sure I am not pregnant. I drink coffee and diet coke, but I have cut that back too.
I think you should ask your Doctor about your habits and see what they say. My Dr. Told me that she had a cup of coffee every morning and 2 20oz bottles of diet coke every day throughout her pregnancy. Her kids were healthy.

Baby dust to you!
Alisha
May 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kimg@May 5 2005, 01:02 PM
Okay, I have read varying opinions on this matter, so what do you guys think?* I currently exercise 4 times a week: 20 min. on elliptical machine, and about 40 min. strength training on machines.*
Is this in any way hurting my chances of conceiving, or do I just keep on?* I am at a healthy weight, and am 27 years old.*

Also, what about your drinking habits, ladies?* We just started TTC, and I find it hard to not drink wine at all (like 1 glass every other night or so) when I am not even pregnant yet....the same goes with caffeine.* I drink green tea, and coffee in the morning.*
Is this horrible?* Should I be totally abstaining already?

Thanks!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I there! I wondered the same thing since I exercise very hard and am in the Army(which adds a whole extra dimension to 'normal' exersice). My doc said keeping fit is great and is a good idea. The only thing that could make ttc harder would be that if your body fat % goes lower than 18%. If you are a healthy weight I wouldnt worry...even once you get pregger and didnt know for a month or 2...doing the workout you described shouldnt effect anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search