READ!!!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2005, 11:40 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
http://www.ping.be/~ping5859/Eng/com/Cl2tap.html

I read this on another forum and I was surprised by what I read. I'm not drinking tap water anymore after that!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

May 5th, 2005, 12:06 PM
darlajortega's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i live right outside of fontana, ca
infact my inlaws live in fontana
no more tap water for me
May 6th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Super Mommy
Here in Virginia we have an excellent water provider. Each year they sample our community well and send us a report on the findings. Last year's report reads a level detected of 6.59 out of a maximum of 10 so I feel pretty safe. We also use a water purifier, but the report reads:

"Nitrate in drinking water at levels about 10ppm is a health risk for infants of less then six months of age. Symptoms include shortness of breath and blue baby syndrome. Nitrate levels may rise quickly for short periods of time because of rainfall or agricultural activity. If there is an infant in your home you should seek advice from your health care advisor."

So it is always good to be on the cautious side.

Dani
May 6th, 2005, 01:06 PM
jaylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! That is very scary. I usually drink bottled water b/c I don't like the tap water here. i guess I'll continue now. Thanks for sharing and reminding us to be cautious.
Jamie
May 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you can't afford to buy bottle water all the time you can also boil your water & then put it in a jug in the fridge. But remember that you do need some flouride that is in tap water not bottled water. especially for younger children. We were taught this in our Pediatrics & OB class in nursing school

JoLynn
May 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Angiegirl@May 5 2005, 11:40 AM
http://www.ping.be/~ping5859/Eng/com/Cl2tap.html

I read this on another forum and I was surprised by what I read. I'm not drinking tap water anymore after that!!!

Angie
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

WOW! I live right outside Walnut Creek...like 5 minutes! That is crazy! I don't normally drink tap water, but I NEVER will now! Thanks for sharing, Angie!
May 6th, 2005, 01:34 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drink water like crazy and after having a m/c this week and reading that I decided that it's not worth it for me. I'm buying the bottled stuff!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search