I feel like giving up

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really feel like giving up on ttc for now. Next month is my last month to try for quite a while (due to moving, jobs, etc), and I'm just plain frustrated. I've only been ttc for 3 months now, but all this takes a toll. I feel like throwing in the towel, and letting what happens happen. All this is emotionally draining.

anyone feels this way sometimes?
May 5th, 2005, 01:36 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I DO understand how you feel....remember it commonly takes 6 months to a year to conceive so unfortunately patients is a must BUT if you are having stresses in your life right now then maybe taking a break is a good idea for you for right now. Stress is never good when TTC. Have you been doing all the stuff like temping, OPK's, etc...because that will certainly add lots of stress and frustration to TTC, that's why I don't want to do any of that stuff. I don't feel really frustrated yet knowing the odds of conceiving each month, but if I don't get prego within the 8th month I know I will start to worry and get a little paranoid

Good luck to you!
May 5th, 2005, 01:38 PM
andromeda1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andromeda1981
I feel that way all the time!!! This is my 4th mth trying and I'm fully drained... not to mention my poor DH. I think we can all understand how you feel but just dont give up hope. I believe everything will happen in due time. Take care sweetie Goodluck and God bless!
May 5th, 2005, 01:40 PM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always heard that when you stop trying is when it happens. When TTC you put all this added pressure and stress. What happens you end up throwing your body completely off track and your cycles end up all whack. Try again next month and if nothing take a few months off. Start thinking bout taking a multi-vitamin, extra folic acid, drink 8oz of milk a day, eat healthy, and cut back on caffiene! Gotta take care of yourself before you can begin taking care of someone else

Best of luck!

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
May 5th, 2005, 01:42 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know exactly how you feel but don't give up. It will happen for you. Try not to stress so much about it!! When you give up control and realize that it's in Gods hands it will be alot easier. I am feeling that way now....like I'm never going to get pregnant again. We all have our ups and downs. If you know that you wanna have a baby then don't give up!!! I know that it will happen for you!!!

Good luck and baby dust!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

May 5th, 2005, 02:00 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean. DH & I have been trying for 7 months now. This month makes 8. Every BFN or AF popping in is a major let down. But, if you give up, where will you get? Try not to focus on it so hard. Just remember that you are ttc, but don't make it your #1 priority. Remember other things...like how great bd'ing is

May 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel..... This is my 6th month of trying and 2nd round of clomid. I gave up last month after I had taken the clomid. I do not feel that this is my month again, and we are just not really going to try anymore. It is emotionally, physically draining individually, and then it took a toll on my marriage. I think that everyone goes through what you are going through right now, especially those of us that cannot conceive within a month like some of the luck ones! Hang in there, it will get better. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
May 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
Try and remember you'll conceive in God's time and not your's. I know it is soooo hard to remember that though! Take a break if that's what you feel like you need!
((((HUGS))))
May 5th, 2005, 02:18 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get a bfp before it comes time for you to have to take a break. Sending you lots of ***babydust***
May 5th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Veteran
hi eden! i feel quite the same sometimes and i too have only been ttc for 3months!
if you feel like you need a break, then some stress-free time out may be just what you need and you know they always say that "things tend to happen when you least expect them!!"

good luck to you, but on the other hand maybe you just needed to vent and hear some encouraging words from others in the same situation as you, so you know that you are not alone and we are all here to help each other?!

lots of *****************baby dust*****************to you!
May 5th, 2005, 05:00 PM
monkhester
I have only been ttc for 3 months as well. This is my 4th month. I have so many obstacles to overcome that I do feel like giving up. To top it off a friend who is also 44 told me last week that her eggs aren't any good. So it has start me wondering and feeling helpless. You are not alone.
May 5th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the warm and kind replies, guys. It helps to know I'm not alone in this. I feel like DH and I are doing everything we should be doing, and the wait-then-disappointment is getting a bit rough. I do get rest, eat right, and do the other things. I check my CM and sometimes my CP and signs seem possible, but no reward. I wish I could be patient, but as I said, next month is our last month to try, then we'd prbably have to delay for close to year!
Why? Why? Why?...ok, now I'm just venting even more.

...the sun will come out tomorrow...(hopefully the progesterone levels will too!)
May 5th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel DH and I have been TTC for 8 months now and still nothing. There are some months I just get so mad all I want to do is give up. We only have 2 more months to try after that we are going to put it on hold till November and that is going to be the hardest thing for me. You just have to keep your chin up and know that when it is someing that you want this bad you will wait to have it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search