Dull headaches all afternoon

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Super Mommy
I have a nagging headache but I am afraid to take anything other than tylenol....and we dont have any...

I am so sad and worried. IF I am preggy what if I caused my own MC? 3 weeks ago I had 1 drink, a Smirnoff Ice....and it made me SICK I mena my stonach totally disagreed with it. Then later that evnigng I had 1 cup of Rum and coke...even worse reaction. I have never had an averse reaction to alcohol...especially 1 smir noff and hours later the rum.

I read that alcohol can damage fetal growth..what if I damaged something....I know it was before we decided that we wee going to try and have a baby, but I don't know if it was within the time I WOULD have conceived ( IF I am preggy)

maybe I am giving myself a headache with all this worry....

I have been so upbeat all day..I cant stop thinking about that 1 Smirnoff and 1 rum and coke...what have I [possibly done, what if that alcohol gives our baby a birth defect....

It just all happened so fast, one day we decide to try for a baby and I had to adjust my life accordingly...I'll just have to pray on it. Hopefully I was not pregnant ( if i am now) at the time....the time I drank is a little before my two week wait I think....hopefully hopefully hopefully nothin is wrong...

I am going to call my Doc or a doc and find out if that kind of aversion to alcohol is a sign because I have never gotten that sick to my stomach and in pain from drinking that little bit ever.....

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
May 27th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know about it being a sign that you are pregnant. However, I highly doubt 1 or 2 drinks would cause a problem with the baby. I would stop worrying about that because the stress of thinking about it is probably more harmful than the alcohol itself. Try and relax!
May 27th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Super Mommy
I( CAN'T relax!!

I am agonizing over every bump, lol every trip up the stairs, every time I wore pants too tight ( what If I squeezed the baby)!!!!!! lol

I am obsessing....no must see tv for me

my tv is glued to discovery health channel baby specials....
I have develepoed a mild obsession...I need to go on vacation, but what sif teh traveling disturbs my 'maybe' baby?

lol Calgon take me away! ( lol remember that)

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
May 27th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Maybe your adversion to alcohol had something to do with you knowing you were going to try to get pregnant? Maybe it was your subconscious saying..."should you be drinking this?". Just a thought.

But, I wouldn't worry too much about a drink or two. Many people party hard before they ever even know they're pregnant! I think you'll be fine.

May 27th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
Sweetie, calm down and realax!!! I think you are making way more out of it than it really is. I understand you want every thing to be just right for your maybe baby, but everyday living is not going to harm anything. As far as the alcohol, I really highly doubt it would cause a problem. I had a friend who drank constantly to try to have a m/c...now she has a beautiful healthy baby boy. Just as happy as can be. I think a calgon bath would do you some good! If you worry and stress over this so much, you will make yourself sick to your stomache. Take a day at a time. Just live your normal routines, nothing will hurt your maybe baby this early. There is a lot of protection in that little womb! By the way, when is AF due?

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
May 27th, 2005, 06:45 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
try not to worry so much..it'll be ok! good luck to you on a bfp
May 28th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
lol thank you guys, I was a mess last night, i just can't help but wonder

I am frightened to take an EPT!! If I get BFN I will be so sad...but its best to know for sure, I said before that if AF does not harass me by Monday, that I would get and take preg test.....I am trying to stay positive. only a few days left

this is draining, lol hopefylly we all can have BFP's

May 28th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Apryl's Avatar Veteran
I really wouldn't worry. I don't see how a drink or two could possibly impact things BEFORE a placenta is developed; especially if you had the drinks just before ovulation.

I had several glasses of white wine a week after conception (didn't know I was PG yet). I woke up the next morning and threw up ... blamed it on the wine. Except, it kept happening EVERY morning.

I worried the same as you are. My doctor actually laughed when I asked him about it.

My DH's cousin drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney through her entire pregnancy. Believe it or not her child is just fine. We were all VERY worried. She obviously got very lucky.

She is now pregnant with #2 (due in a few weeks) and we are all holding our collective breaths.

**BABY DUST**

Apryl

<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Alexandra Maradee Autumn</font>
</p></center>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search