I gave in and tested...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And BFN. I feel so discouraged - I had such a good feeling about this month. I only have two tries left to get pregnant and I am starting to feel like it just isn't going to happen. And I hate that I can't trust my body with symptoms - it is so wrong that your body can totally psyche you out. Who knew in a world with so many people that it could be so hard to get pregnant.
May 28th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Veteran
I'm so sorry!!! I thought for sure you were going to get a BFP. Why do you only have 2 months of ttc left?

May 28th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Apryl's Avatar Veteran
I'm very sorry, but remember, it's not over till it's over.

I am also curious why you only have two cycles left to TTC.

**BABY DUST**

Apryl

<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Alexandra Maradee Autumn</font>
</p></center>

May 28th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Oh, because I am being artificially inseminated and I only have two months worth of sperm left. It is pretty expensive so that was all that I could afford...
May 28th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Apryl's Avatar Veteran
The sperm itself is expensive?? I know the procedure is expensive, but the sperm?

That is disgusting ... I mean it is SO easy to produce. But on second thought, I guess they have to screen it and clean it or whatever it is they do to it.

Good luck.

**BABY DUST**

Apryl

<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Alexandra Maradee Autumn</font>
</p></center>

May 28th, 2005, 06:56 AM
monkhester
Quote:
Originally posted by Apryl@May 28 2005, 08:21 AM
The sperm itself is expensive??* I know the procedure is expensive, but the sperm?

That is disgusting ... I mean it is SO easy to produce.* But on second thought, I guess they have to screen it and clean it or whatever it is they do to it.

Good luck.* **BABY DUST** Apryl <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I don't think that it is the sperm that is expensive. It is the implanting that is important. I think this is correct.

Autumnsun I am so sorry about the BFN. Better luck next cycle. I am in the same boat this cycle as you and looking forward to a BFP this time arrive.
May 28th, 2005, 07:07 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you got a BFN. But remember - it ain't over until the witch shows - I still have hope for you! I seem to remember the stats being pretty high of the number of BFN before the BFP - regardless of what the early detection tests say.

<<Baby Dust>>
<<Baby Dust>>
<<Baby Dust>>
May 28th, 2005, 07:12 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
so sorry to hear about your BFN....but its not over til AF shows up...
May 28th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I believe the sperm (which was enough for 5 months) cost like $2,000. Each time I am inseminated it costs me $250 (and you have to be inseminated twice per month.

My friend who had this done, had it work on the very first try. And she is 38 years old - so I really thought I had a chance. But I am getting a little discouraged now...
May 28th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
Aww autumn don't be discouraged.

I had NO clue it cost $2000....wow..I swear medical providers exploit the dreams an fears of people...then agian in all fairness it is their profession and they have to be compensated.

Hopefully your body is saving the best sperm for last and your baby will be conceived. Stay hopeful, I'll send you well wishes and hopeful prayers every day until you tell me you have BFP!!!!

<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="never" /><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=0xCC00FF> <EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2006&tmonth1=7&tday1=7&thours 1=0&tminutes1=0&event=Ariana Arrives!!!&clr=0xCC00FF&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
May 28th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lilah. This is a difficult time, and it is frustrating, and it is ok to feel the way you feel. But as you know, next time could be YOUR time, heck, this time could still be your time. I'm here for you...we're all here for you. So try to see the positives even though you may feel that this all sucks.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-Eden
May 28th, 2005, 02:28 PM
You all are the best. Thanks for your support.
May 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM
marie2001
So sorry about your BFN. I know how it feels! Hopefully it will happen for you next month!!!!
May 28th, 2005, 08:50 PM
steph1989's Avatar Super Mommy
So sorry about your bfn........I'm sending you lots and lots of babydust!!!

Benjamin Patrick was born on January 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM! 7 lbs. 11.4 oz. 20 1/2"

April 6, 2006 will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

May 29th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Piglet's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN! ...sending you lots and lots of babydust and I hope you get a BFP next month!!!!
Clare xxxx

May 29th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Veteran
Hey Lilah!
Hows things going? Any signs of AF yet? Im keeping my *fingers crossed* for you!
Im sorry to hear about you only having two attempts left to go - i had no idea that these things cost so much! You've made me realise that i might complain about an early BFN, but there are lots of people out there, like you, who could benefit from my share of this month's ********baby dust**********much more than me - i admire your strength and commitment, and i wish you your BFP real soon!

here's my share of ********baby dust******** to you this month!!

take care
May 29th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Awww, thanks Melissa! Well, I am feeling pretty crampy today. AF isn't due until tomorrow or the next day... but it doesn't seem like the cramping is a good sign. I never used to cramp prior to AF but I did last month and of course got a BFN. And it does feel like AF cramping - just not as intense.
May 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Lilah,
I hope you are wrong about the cramping meaning AF is on her way. I will keep my fingers crossed for you anyway! Let us know if she shows. Good luck!
Kathy
May 30th, 2005, 10:59 AM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
I'm hoping this could still be your month!! Keeping my fingers crossed, it's not over til she shows!
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium