We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Anyone have problems with UTI's while trying to conceive. I feel like I have to pee all the time but....I really don't. I wonder if anyone has helpful tips, I try to lay there afterwards for about 20 minutes and then go pee?? And I've been drinking Cranberry Juice???? HELP!!!!
Take these steps to minimize your chances of getting a UTI:
• Drink plenty of water, at least eight 8-ounce glasses a day.
• Don't ignore the urge to pee. And empty your bladder completely when you urinate.
• After a bowel movement, wipe yourself from front to back to prevent bacteria in the stool from getting near the urethra. Keep your genital area clean with mild soap and water.
• Clean your genital area and pee before and after sexual intercourse.
• Drink cranberry juice. Studies show that cranberry juice can reduce bacteria levels and discourage new bacteria from taking hold in the urinary tract. (Drinking cranberry juice won't cure an existing infection, though, so if you're having symptoms, you still need to see your practitioner right away to get a prescription for antibiotics.)
• Avoid feminine hygiene products (sprays or powders) and strong soaps that can irritate your urethra and genitals and make them a better breeding ground for bacteria. And don't use douches during pregnancy.
• Wear all-cotton underwear and cotton-crotch pantyhose.
well...i do suffer from lots of UTI's....and i know they suck.. intercourse can cause them...especially if it lasts for a long time... and of course you are suppose to pee asap afterwards.. you'd better go get a UA done so you can treat it if you have one...cause they can get very bad. the before mentioned advice sounds great too. good luck to you