Colostrum??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Alyandam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, is it normal to have colostrum come out of your nipples? Is that a sign of PG? I had it VERy early with my first born, at around 7 weeks, and I don't know WHAT possessed me to squeeze my nips this morning, but I did, and colostrum came out. THIS has NEVER happened before unless I was pregnant! What is going on? Do you think its a sign?

HELP!!!
shawna
July 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
I do believe that it is normal, and if I remember right, I also think that it is a sign of pregnancy. Good luck!!
July 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well it can happen for several reasons.

Usually, youre PG, or have an infection.

BUT... women who are NOT pg CAN produce colostrum and milk. I know this b/c a coworker of mine adopted a newborn, and several months before the baby was born, she began pumping, which caused her body to start producing milk. (Initially, colostrum though). When the baby was born, she was present, and immediately breastfed the baby.

This usually only happens with proper, persistent, stimulation though. (Like pumping)

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 7th, 2005, 10:01 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do think it could be a sign of pregnancy, but if you end up not being prego I would get it checked out just to make sure everything is ok
July 7th, 2005, 10:02 AM
http://www.crha-health.ab.ca/clin/women/Nipdisc.htm

Causes of nipple discharge:

* History of breastfeeding: Some women produce a milky discharge months and sometimes years after having finished breastfeeding.
* Stimulation: Squeezing or expressing the breast or nipple can produce a nipple discharge.
* Fibrocystic breast changes: Cysts (sacs filled with fluid) and changes in the fibrous tissue of the breast can cause nipple discharge that is often greenish.
* Intraductal papilloma: This is a small benign (not cancer) wart-like growth in the duct lining which may become irritated and bleed, producing a brown or bloody discharge.
* Hormonal changes: A milky discharge that occurs in both breasts in a woman who is not breastfeeding may be due to increased levels of the hormone prolactin.
* Breast cancer: This can very rarely cause a bloody or clear nipple discharge.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa@Jul 7 2005, 11:59 AM
a coworker of mine adopted a newborn, and several months before the baby was born, she began pumping, which caused her body to start producing milk.* (Initially, colostrum though).* When the baby was born, she was present, and immediately breastfed the baby.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I never knew that could happen...WOW!!!! You learn something new everyday.
July 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Yep, there is a whole "adoptive breastfeeding" community out there lol. La Leche League also offers information on it. Very interesting, although also very controversial

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!

</a>
July 7th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Well I am 30 and had a mammogram 6 months ago, and everything is fine. I dunno, I think because I had this before with my other pregnancies, it may be a good thing? It is VERY early, but I have and my husband has, squeezed that area, and NOTHING has come out since I stopped BF my 2nd daughter 3 years ago!

Do you think something is wrong? Now Im worried that something is wrong.

UGH!
July 7th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Where in your cycle are you?

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!

</a>
July 7th, 2005, 11:17 AM
T_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
How long ago did you stop BF?
I know women can have some milk for years.
But, it is also a sign of pregnancy.
July 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa@Jul 7 2005, 10:09 AM
Where in your cycle are you?

Lala...
[/quote]

I am suppose to start next Wed, so I guess I am on CD 21. I have other symptoms, but Im trying not to read to much into it and get my hopes up too high. I tested this morning it was BFN of COURSE, its too early, but Im a psycho POASTICKER!

I only breastfed my second daughter for 2 weeks, and that was 3 years ago, and haven't had ANY thing come out since then.

Is it an EARLY pg sign though? I mean I had it at around 7weeks with my daughters, but not THIS early.
July 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
T_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was told when my boobs started leaking again this week that it will occur during the first few weeks of PG. However, in my case I don't believe it because I just stopped BF two months ago.
Good LUCK
July 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by T_mom@Jul 7 2005, 04:58 PM
I was told when my boobs started leaking again this week that it will occur during the first few weeks of PG. However, in my case I don't believe it because I just stopped BF two months ago.
Good LUCK
[/quote]

Well, then it could be true for me than, because I only breastfed for 2 weeks and that was 3 YEARS ago!!! WOW!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search