Why is this so hard?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies-

Well I once again am out of the running for this month. I just thought I would vent for a minute and see if I'm not alone.
This month I took my temps perfect, we used OPK's, we BD'ed on every perfect day, I had signs.....then BAM AF shows. My temps are still up, and just when I thought I could rely on one thing to gauge me even that is off. Jeepers I already have two girls- they weren't this hard to conceive.
I think I'm not going to temp this month....at least that way I wont have a roller coaster...I'll just have to wait.
I told DH last night that maybe we should just give up....then I got the speech that "what's worth it isn't always easy".
I'm better today, but thought I'd see if anyone else has ever thought of giving up, or confused as to why this is so hard?
Thanks for listening....good luck to you ladies wating to test or nearing "O".

Jenn

PROUD WIFE OF A US <span style="color:#3366FF">SOLDIER
!
July 8th, 2005, 07:03 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it is so hard at times - I am in the final stretch of the 2WW for me and I just keep expecting my temps to be taking a downward spiral.

I don't want to get you hopes up too much, but I would encourage you to keep temping (at least until you see them go down) - I thought about you last night while I was reading through "Taking Charge of your Fertility". There was an example in there, complete with chart where a woman thought she got her period, but her temps remained high - after her period stopped, her temps were still up and she took another pregnancy test - it was positive.

Good luck and sending you lots of baby dust. I hope you get your BFP soon.
July 8th, 2005, 07:08 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I sure know how you feel How long have you been trying? My thing right now is getting a little panicky that I am reaching the 6 month mark I know it's stupid but can't help but to be frustrated What keeps me going is knowing it just takes a while for many women and it's completely NORMAL...it takes 83% of healthy couples almost a year to conceive It also doesn't matter how perfect the timing and everything is, it just doesn't guarantee a baby Temping is one thing I will probably never do, it just seems so confusing and there are so many little factors that throw off your temp that I just don't need the stress of it Trust me our day will come, hang in there
July 8th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks guys......

I know it will happen in time, but I guess I'm just impatient. Thanks for listening.... I hope we all get your BFP VERY soon.

!
July 8th, 2005, 07:27 AM
3xthelove's Avatar Super Mommy
i too agree with the temping...i would forget cuz i try to get as much sleep as i can since i have to get up so early...i feel like giving up sometimes...as if God wanted me to have 2 sons and only 2....

July 8th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamChaser@Jul 8 2005, 08:03 AM
* I know it is so hard at times - I am in the final stretch of the 2WW for me and I just keep expecting my temps to be taking a downward spiral.

I don't want to get you hopes up too much, but I would encourage you to keep temping (at least until you see them go down) - I thought about you last night while I was reading through "Taking Charge of your Fertility".* There was an example in there, complete with chart where a woman thought she got her period, but her temps remained high - after her period stopped, her temps were still up and she took another pregnancy test - it was positive.*

Good luck and sending you lots of baby dust.* I hope you get your BFP soon.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly! The temps are still up for you (even though you're bleeding). I have a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until her 3rd month!!!! She had AF the first 3 months!!!!!

If your temps stay up...I'd test just to see! I've still got my fingers crossed for you!!

July 8th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Super Mommy
I didn't even bother taking temp this morning. I'm going to wait and do NO temping this month. It's just to nerve raking watching it rise and fall, then rise and AF show. so we'll see. AF is pretty hardcore this month so I'm not even thing PG.

Thanks though for your support guys.

!
July 8th, 2005, 08:10 AM
maof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to maof2
Jenn,

I know just how you feel. I have been ttc #2 since Feb. and am hitting the 6mo mark. My son only took 3mos to concieve. I keep trying to tell myself that it will happen when the time is right. Keep you chin up.

pat

July 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that af came. I know exactly how you feel this is starting our 5th month. I never dreamed it would take this long for me. I guess I just have to try and be patient and see what happens. It's just so hard b/c it's something we want really bad. All in good time thought.

JoLynn
July 8th, 2005, 08:52 AM
ashleynwilson's Avatar Veteran
Sweetie we all feel that way every now and then! The way I make it through all those feelings is to be calm about TTC. Instead of stressing and looking for every little sign..Around O we BD from CD 8- CD 18 every other day somtimes every day..then on all the other CD's we still BD for fun!!! I just let it flow...do it the natural way...have fun with it..!!! Sometimes people make sex NO FUN...and that is CRAZY!!! lol

July 8th, 2005, 01:57 PM
marie2001
Try not to worry too much (I know, easier said than done). I just wanted to let you know that last month I pretty much gave up. I stopped using an OPK, did not temp, did not use my "preseed", did not use my Instead cups, did not take my Mucinex, didn't really follow the calendar. Basically I did NOTHING, and BAM-- a BFP! People always told me to "stop trying and it will happen".... I am not telling you to stop trying, but I do think that sometimes you can get so caught up in everything that your body does not do what you want it to. Believe me, if you try to relax a little, it will happen for you. It took me 8 months, but it did finally happen.

Good luck and BABY DUST!!!!!!!!

July 8th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that AF got you. When we started TTC I never Dreamed that 10 months later I would still be TTC!!! I could have already had a baby in the time that I have been trying!!!!! I hope that this is your last visit from AF for a long time!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search