Madder Than A Hornets Nest!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2005, 10:18 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH... I am sooo mad I could spit nails!! I called my old OB/GYN to see if they could work me in today and get checked out. Find out why AF is late, get an exam, yadda yadda yadda. WELL.. I go in and the girl hands me a cup to pee in. I'm like 'hmm.. ok.. here for blood work and exam.. maybe this is new procedure'. About 15 mins later a nurse calls me back and hands me a slip and says 'check out is around the corner and Ms. Wise, it was negative'! NO SH*T SHIRLOCK.. I was there for a blood test. *sigh*

So I get up to the receptionist and tell her what happened and she appologizes for the confussion, and sets me up an appointment for 7/15 @ 3:00. I am debating on weither or not to go back to the walk-in clinic where I went last week to talk to the Dr. and have blood work done like he told me too if I didn't get AF.

My nerves are rattled and if it weren't for being stuck here at work, I'd high tail it to the beach for some R&R!!!

*calgon take me away*

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
July 8th, 2005, 10:23 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
I'm sorry you had such a bad visit to the dr.

MY BLOG

July 8th, 2005, 10:28 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The old "doctor's office does what you can do at home" trick. Well at least the receptionist was somewhat sympathetic.

I would go back to the walk-in clinic and see the doctor since you already have a history there and they can start from where you left off and not start from square one.

Good luck hun - hope you get some answers and peace-of-mind soon!

July 8th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, Tracey. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
July 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I am pretty sure I am NOT pregnant, so I'm not upset over that. I am just mad that they wasted my time by having me come in to pee in a cup, when I did that from home and that I asked for blood work and to see a Dr. over the phone. *sigh*

I know it's tough working in a Dr.'s office - been there - done that! But when a patient specificly asks for something directly and the receptionist tells you 'ok, come on in at noon' and then BS peeing in a cup happens. GRRRR... just frustrated. Anyone got any liqour they wanna get rid off? I sure could use a stiff drink!!!

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
July 8th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
I'm so sorry sweetie. I would have demanded that they do a blood test right then and there. I would not have left until they did.
July 8th, 2005, 10:51 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Ugh, sorry that happened I hope you get the answers you need soon!

Doctors offices are so frustrating...I hate how long you have to wait to see the doc! I went in Wednesday for my annual exam and was there for almost 2 hours! So annoying
July 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
man...that was just plain crazy! im sorry you are going through all of this
July 8th, 2005, 11:41 AM
3xthelove's Avatar Super Mommy

i'm sorry...they disrespected you...drs offices have a way of making us feel stupid...i hate going to them...sometimes i think they just hang around and chit chat and then say "oh yeah, i've made patient A wait 45 minutes...i guess i need to go check her out" ...i agree with dreamchaser about going back to the old one...also believe it or not i have had good luck with health departments...i went there for almost 8 yrs for my yearly....and would get a yr's supply of bcp...usually free....i believe you can get blood tests there too if you request it...i know they always ask do u want to be tested for HIV and they draw blood...also, the one i went to, if you make your appt as early as you can...like when they open up...the wait is not long at all...try to get before 9 am...just my experience....good luck next time sweetie!

July 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tracey, I am so sorry you had such an awful experience at your doc's office. I would find a new DR. I wish they would just do what we want them to. I wanted my DR to do more but he said I needed to be on this med for 6 months. I'm like are you kidding. Times a wasting. Get with the program. I'd got back to the other DR to get things done. Maybe they can do a blood test. Good luck Keep us posted. Vent anytime you feel the need.
July 8th, 2005, 01:38 PM
darlajortega's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that B#$CH ooh........ i would have socked ger in the face!!!!!
i'm so sorry pea pod that you were treated like that!
July 8th, 2005, 01:47 PM
marie2001
I am so sorry! It sounds like you had a very irritating visit today! Luckily today is Friday, so hopefully this weekend you can relax and enjoy yourself a little.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search