Would you consider adoption?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No big push, just wanted to mention the idea.

If it strikes a chord, think about joining us at the Adoption Board and we can help you explore the possiblities.

The best of luck to you, whichever road you take to parenthood!!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
July 8th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If we could afford it I might but I know it cost a lot of money to do it that way. If we can't have one I guess we will be happy with the ONE that I have.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
July 8th, 2005, 04:15 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've kind of looked at this time ttc'ing like, if it happens, great, if not, we already have a great family and will stop at 2. If we couldn't have our own, we would definitely look into adoption. My cousin and dh's brother are adopted

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
July 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
maof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to maof2
Yes we would consider to adopt. Even though we are blessed with Austin I feel that our family would be even more blessed with another child.

July 8th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't understand why adopting has to be so expensive. There are so many children looking for great homes and more people would be willing to take in these children if it didn't bankrupt them in the process. It just doesn't seem right to me. And it certainly isn't fair to the children.
July 8th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by autumnsun@Jul 8 2005, 07:41 PM
I don't understand why adopting has to be so expensive. There are so many children looking for great homes and more people would be willing to take in these children if it didn't bankrupt them in the process. It just doesn't seem right to me. And it certainly isn't fair to the children.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I'm not sure about domestic adoption. But when we adopted Brian from Korea, we got an itemized list of expenses. Some of it was fees, but a good part of it was his airfare over to JFK and the money paid to his foster mother for his upkeep from birth until he traveled at 7 months.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
July 8th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
May I ask about how much that was? Or is that too personal?
July 8th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I know a woman that adopted from germany and it was over $20,000 she told me that she would not adopt from the states bacause the birth parents have a while to be able to change their minds and take the baby back I could NOT deal with that!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
July 9th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by autumnsun@Jul 8 2005, 08:14 PM
May I ask about how much that was? Or is that too personal?*
[/quote]

No, it's not too personal at all-- in fact, the prices are listed on the website of our agency: (www.new-beginnings.org)

7 years ago, a Korean Adoption cost us $18,000. I think that now it's up to $22,000. And you're right in taking a deep breath and thinking that it's a HUGE amount of money.

But we took out a loan and paid it off, just as we would have if we had needed a new roof or a new car. That's how we rationalized it, and it was worth every cent for us.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
July 9th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Eyes 409@Jul 8 2005, 08:33 PM
Well I know a woman that adopted from germany and it was over $20,000 she told me that she would not adopt from the states bacause the birth parents have a while to be able to change their minds and take the baby back I could NOT deal with that!
[/quote]

Honestly, that's one of the things that started us looking at international too. But the laws vary from one state to the next. And I think, that for most, the waiting period is a really small window-- a week or two. I think it happens sooooo rarely.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
July 9th, 2005, 06:44 AM
T_mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DH doesn't believe in using anything like IVF, or Clomid to Conceive. He thinks it'll all happen in God's time or that we are meant to adopt. So, if I don't get PG in the next few years I think we will seriously consider it.
July 9th, 2005, 10:46 AM
monkhester
No, it is not a consideration for me. DH has no problem with adopting. He and all his siblings are adopted.
July 9th, 2005, 10:53 AM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
I consider adoption, or anything else such has IVF. But I cant afford any of those things. God knows my situation, he knows the only way we can have kids is naturally. So if its meant for me to have a baby I will. If not naturally, then he will provide me the money someway to adopt a child. I've prayed about this numerous times.

I think is awful that adoption is so expensive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search