I am getting SO discouraged

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stayed off of this site hoping that my cycles would go back to normal if I wasn't so focused on TTC. Well, not being on here as much definitely helped with me not being so focused on it but my cycle is still just as screwed up as ever. I have been charting my temps and it looks like I O'd yesterday - of course my fertility monitor is still showing "low" so if I did O yesterday I missed my opportunity to inseminate this month. Life really sucks sometimes. Maybe I will get a pleasant surprise tomorrow and my temps will go back down. But I am already on cd 25 and this will be the latest that I have ever O'd. Although maybe my m/c had some effect? The doctor told me that most likely since I was so early on that I wouldn't notice any change...

Edited to say you can see my chart if you click on my ticker...
August 11th, 2005, 07:59 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Oh sweetie we have missed you so much. I am so sorry that your cycles are still doing weird things. Maybe just keep a close watch on them this month and see the patterns and then try again for baby next month so you will have a grasp on how your body is reacting to everything.

Just remember that we are all here for you

MY BLOG

August 11th, 2005, 08:00 AM
diane66
I'm sorry your cycle is still not back to normal.
I know people have been asking about your whereabouts lately, so you have alot of people that care about you...
I can understand about being away for a while to not focus on it so much..It can drive one mad .
I hope things straighten out for you soon!
August 11th, 2005, 08:07 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

First let me say I sent you a PM

It's great to see you back, we really missed you!!! I am so sorry about your cycles still being screwed up I hope it gets back to normal soon!
I'm sending lots of ~*~*~*~* normal cycle dust *~*~*~*~*~ your way!
August 11th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks everyone. I have missed you all too - it wasn't easy staying away but it did help to take my mind off of things. You are all the best!
August 11th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry sweetie. Did your fertility monitor say low all month? Which kind are you using?
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
August 11th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Yep, ALL month. If you click on my ticker you can see my chart of everything. It looks like I O'd yesterday. I am using a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. This is the first month that it has failed to give me a peak reading.
August 11th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
hey sweetie have been wondering where u were lately! glad u are back. sorry bout what you are going thru these ttc times are so rough! my heart goes out to you.
August 11th, 2005, 08:19 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry your cycles are so crazy - I tell you sometimes I think that monitor does things a little too automatically. It worked for me this last cycle (unlike the first month I used it) - when I got my first Peak it gave me two days of Peak, followed by a High, even though my OPK's showed the surge was already gone (which I am noticing happens the day I O), then it still made me test until I had tested for 20 days total - grrrrrr.

I hope things work out for you - even if you O'd already maybe you'll be able to discover a pattern which will increase your chances for next time. I know it is rough -I am feeling really discouraged too - sometimes I think I will never see a positive and be the only left on this board. Hang in there hun - we understand.
August 11th, 2005, 08:47 AM
I agree. And actually with the monitor you will ALWAYS get two days of peak followed by a high fertility day. I am assuming that is because most people don't O for 12-48 hours after the surge so they want you to know that after the surge you have two days of peak days. As far as requesting more tests goes - if you go over ten days of testing before you reach peak fertility it will make you finish off another ten tests. I called them about this because I was wasting WAY too many sticks. Apparently regardless of what the monitor shows (it will ALWAYS read low fertility after you get your two days of peak and one of high) it still reads the sticks and records it in the monitors memory or something like that. I guess sometimes if you are having a hard time conceiving you can put this info on a memory chip and have your doctor look at your levels? Or something like that. Personally, I think it is a way of them making more money off of you. But they told me that after you get your first Peak fertility reading you don't have to take any more tests. So I don't.
August 11th, 2005, 08:51 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I"m so sorry that your cycle has been off. I have missed you around here!!! I will be praying for you and I hope you get pregnant real soon!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search