My OB/GYN Appointment Today

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my doctor's visit went pretty well today. She was very easy to talk to and understanding of my situation. I showed her my charts and she asked me lots of questions. In the end she confirmed what I had been expecting all along. I am ovulating, but not regularly and not every month. My cycles are ranging anywhere from 22 to 35 days and although I get AF each month, it is not always at the same time. The doctor did some bloodwork to check my hormone levels and I have another appointment scheduled on September 10th to talk about my results.

She has given me two options and left the decision entirely up to me and my DH. She basically said that I could either take things easy and try to conceive naturally since I am ovulating sometimes. If it I don't get pregnant within a year of trying I could consider fertility drugs then. I really do not want to wait a year. I have wanted children for a long time already.

My other option is to go ahead and start Chlomid now. She is willing to prescribe it to me anytime I want. This is only my 5th month of TTC, but knowing that my cycles are not regular, I have no idea how long the natural way is going to take.

My heart is leaning towards the Chlomid, even though I would love to be able to conceive without it. Does anyone have any advice? If anyone has used Chlomid before please let me know what you think about it. Since my next appointment is not until September 10, that basically gives me one more month to think about it and TTC without drugs.

August 23rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you finally got in to see her. I would say that if you want to do Clomid, you might as well start ASAP, I know given the option if I was in your shoes I would start it. Just follow your instincts. Wishing you lots of luck!

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*

August 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm faced with this same decision. My doctors appointment is on Monday, and since my cycles are so incredibly long I'vd decided to use the Clomid.
August 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM
kittycasper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it was a productive appt. I'm glad your getting to the next step not knowing is very hard. If it was me and it probably will be next week. I would start the Clomid. I'm sure lots on here have taken the medication so I’m sure you will get a great deal of input.

Any way glad your mind is at ease finally
August 24th, 2007, 08:08 AM
PuzzledAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to PuzzledAngel
Glad to her your dr is being proactive.
I hope you are able to get a BFP soon now!

<span style="color:#993399"><div align="left">~TTC #2........(on month 35)
~(PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Insullin Resistant)
~Currently taking 2000mg Metformin
~3000mg evening primrose oil
~200mg Clomid
~10,000UI Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (injection)
~Synthroid</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search