OT: Vent about my place!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2007, 12:23 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Hi there.... this has been bothering me for the past week....about my townhouse where we just moved in 2 weeks ago:

Last thursday, we found out the first floor was flooded by the water heater. We called our friend the owner..he told us he'd arrive here on Sept 4 to replace the water heater. I was like huh? so i have to suffer without water.. and can only turn on water when we shower or use the bathroom from thurs to tues???? That's insane. He said he already had labor day weekend plans.

His ex girlfriend lives with us... she refused to move out of the master bedroom that has private closet and private bathroom with 2 sinks, jacuzzi and shower head. We got stuck with small bedroom that we can hardly unpack our stuff cuz there's 2 of us so you know how it is... 2 people's stuff can overcrowd the small bedroom. My landlord tried to tell her to move into other room but she refused. So he said sorry you get stuck with the small bedroom. I was upset!
then I had an idea why not we live in the first floor.. it used to be family room.. now it's basically a storage room with the landlord's tools. It's huuuuuuge and the first floor already has a bathroom that needs to be fixed.. that can be fixed in a weekend's worth. All he has to do is hook up the toilet then ta-da.
So we proposed with this idea of moving into the first floor so we can have more room and move our loveseat in there and have room left for bed set and desk and some bookshelves. In the small bedroom we can only fit queen size bed, my dresser. that's it. I have bookshelf and a desk that I want to put it in my bedroom for more privacy to focus on school. But there's NO room!
Landlord told us no to moving to the first floor. He said he needs to use the first floor for himself when he visit here for remodeling. All along he has been sleeping on the bed out of couch (you know the couch that has bed inside it?) and he only visit for like 2 days a month or so to get the rest of his stuff. He has another house in Indianapolis with our friend. I was like huh? you want the first floor to be your bedroom when you visit? What about the spare bedroom upstairs. There are 3 bedrooms on 3rd floor. 2 bedrooms are occupied by me/DH and Adri. He said he prefers the first floor cuz it's cooler than 3rd floor. It's so hot on 3rd floor and I had to buy a turbo fan to blast the room cold. Adri refuse to use AC to save money. I felt like my landlord is being unreasonable cuz he knows how crowdy our bedroom is. and then later he said "if you can find 2 roommates to fill the 2 bedrooms on 3rd floor then i can permit you live on the first floor."
I am thinking "oooh all he cares about is $$$$$!"
DH found an ad at Gallaudet where we go to school... it said "finished basement for rent including utilities for $500. Cats OK Dogs OK" and it's few miles from where we live!!!!! I haven't checked it out.. but hey... DH was like i feel like challenge the offer to the landlord and see what he says.
What do you think? Do you get weird vibes about this? I don't feel like home here.. and I can't unpack cuz I have no place to put them!!! I still have boxes that needs to be unpacked! DH is thinking about getting storage space and put them all there until we finally settle down. But that's waste of money cuz we already are renting a storage space in Indiana!!!!

But good news is.. Adri has been talking about moving to Chicago to be near her father. Her mother died last July and she's been going to Chicago back and forth and has been talking about moving back home. I asked her when? She said early 2008. I hope to God she moves out SOON so we can get the masterbedroom. Once we get the master bedroom, we will stay here forever! LOL

and to top it all off...I'm getting HOMESICK!!!! I feel like crying everytime I see my family online or on the VP (videorelay)
September 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like he just wants your money. I would try to find something more like your place. not someone elses. I hope things start getting better for you!

September 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Miles
I would say something to your landlord about looking at another place. You need to feel comfortable where you are hun and if your not then move.
September 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would def say something to him and if he does not work with you find a new place.

September 2nd, 2007, 01:08 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
The only bad thing is.... few weeks ago, he did say "If you and Adri continue fight over the master bedroom, I can sell the house in 10 months."

What the heck was I supposed to respond to that!!!!

So I feel like If I say it one more time with him, he would kick us out or threaten us to sell the house sooner than 2 yrs!
September 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
Miles
So look for a new place, you dont deserve to go through the BS your going through now hun.

So look for a new place, you dont deserve to go through the BS your going through now hun.
September 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well if thats the case you could always find a new place and then say something to him....that way if he does say get out/or refuses to do anything then you have a new place.

September 2nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I say try and find a new place, you shouldn't have to deal with that! And what if something else happens down the road lets say the heater goes out. Is he just going to wait until its convientiant to fix? He needs to deal w/ your water problem ASAP not when he has extra time! Good luck, hun, i hope everything works out for you!

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search