Side Effects

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Veteran
I have started clomid and read the information that comes with it and all the side effects, very overwhelming i might say. I am on my third day of clomid and havent had any as of yet?

For all who have taken it did you experience any and after how many days?
I know everyone is different.

Any feedback is appreciated.
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Me 24
DH 30
July 2006 - BFP ended in m/c October 2006
April - July 2007 No medical assistance = BFN
August 2007 - First cycle on clomid 50mg then 100mg = BFN
October 2007 - Second cycle on clomid 100mg
November 2007 - Third cycle on clomd 100mg
December 2007 - Fourth cycle on Clomid 100mg
January = BFP

September 2nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You wont notice the real side effects of Clomid until your 5 day treatment is over kwim? I also thought I was one of the lucky ones because the first time I took it,I didnt notice anything...but the side effcts started at around CD10+ and my OB said that that is when they kick in for everyone.
They were no where near as bad as what it said on the info though.I just got hot flashes here and there (mostly at night) and AWFUL insomnia.I couldent sleep at all,and it lasted right up until AF came.
Those were the side effects when I took Clomid on its own,but when I took it along with Met (which I have been on for 5 months now) I didnt get any at all.So that was nice.
Dont worry too much.On the info they just tell you what side effects you could get,and what you can consider normal,but you wont get 90% of the stuff they say on there
Good luck! I hope it works!!

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

September 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I also did not get S/E till later on in the cycle. I thought I was lucky too when I stated taking it not having any S/E at all LOL. I have had/am having hot flashes, moodiness, headaches, dizziness and I am not sure if the cramps & tender BB are from it.

September 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Super Mommy
i didn't have any side effects CD 5-9 except for headaches. this past week though, after ovulation, i've been sooooo moody! crying for no reason, moody, etc. since yesterday i've had a kinda crampy feel in my pelvic region and sharp, needle-like pains in my bbs.

this was my first cycle of clomid.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ9lUYK/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
x3 TiFFaNi x3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i took on 5-9 cd . I only have headache last few days and little moody which is not bad thats all i have .

Also its my first time.

September 3rd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont take clomid, but checked the fair balance side effects and amongst all the above listed, I noticed "Hostile CM" it makes one's CM hostile...

COPY PASTE:
Mood Issues
Fertility medications and hormones in general are often blamed for the foul mood of any woman of childbearing age.
That said, increasing hormones can be a recipe for altered moods or mood swings. Most women find these to be temporary, usually lasting just during the actual days that you take the medication or a day or two later.

Headaches
Headaches are a problem also associated with hormones. Consult your doctor if you experience severe headaches or if you have any complications like visual disturbances with your headaches. If you are prone to headaches, try to talk to your doctor beforehand about the most appropriate treatment.

Multiple Pregnancy (Twins, Triplets, etc.)
The multiple pregnancy rate associated with the use of Clomid and its companions is about 10 percent. Talk to your practitioner to find out your personal risks because these may not all be related to the medication.

Hot Flashes
Hot flashes are annoying, but also a part of the hormone game. You may experience them anytime during therapy but many women find they strike often at night. Cool showers, fans and sleeping in the nude (also good for getting pregnant) can all help you maintain a sense of calm during this period.

Ovarian Enlargement
Ovarian enlargement or hyperstimulation is possible with this medication. This is why your doctor will follow you and watch you for signs of hyperstimulation. It is fairly uncommon but one of the main reasons that good follow up and screening are needed when using medication to induce or increase ovarian function.

Hostile Mucous
Hostile cervical mucous can prevent pregnancy. Your doctor may screen you or ask that you watch your signs of ovulation via your cervical mucous. Some physicians may prescribe aids for issues with cervical mucous, but you should not self-medicate.
While many people think that Clomid is the answer to fertility problems, it is not the magic fertility pill many people assume. Only your doctor or other health-care professional can help you decide if Clomid therapy is right for your type of infertility.
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search