I Think I Should Leave

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
aprilblues's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprilblues
I don't think I will be posting on this forum anymore! I don't feel that I should even be here or that I am even welcomed in here. I guess this forum was meant for those are are TTC for the first time or have been for a while. Not for me who has a few kids and is just trying to have another and wants a girl. I am sorry if anyone is offened that I have been in here. I see my posts are pretty much overlooked with the exception of a few. So, I just wanted to let you know. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone for being here.

September 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM
mommytoalexx
Quote:
I don't think I will be posting on this forum anymore! I don't feel that I should even be here or that I am even welcomed in here. I guess this forum was meant for those are are TTC for the first time or have been for a while. Not for me who has a few kids and is just trying to have another and wants a girl. I am sorry if anyone is offened that I have been in here. I see my posts are pretty much overlooked with the exception of a few. So, I just wanted to let you know. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone for being here.[/b]

Aww, hunny, pls don't feel that way!! Of course you are welcome here!! This forum is meant for ANYONE who is trying to conceive, there are no stipulations sweetie!!! I am sure no one is offended that you have been here, EVERYONE is welcome!!! You can join as many boards as you would like and post wherever you would like, and just so that you know, there is a ttc a specific gender board as well if you are ttc a girl!! You are welcome at all the boards so pls don't feel that you are not. I am sorry that some of your posts got overlooked.
Anyway, my name is Cee and I am here to listen so if you have any questions or need to help, pls feel free to ask. I hope that you will stay with us on our TTC board, you are welcome here. Good luck with your TTC and sending baby dust your way!! Hang in here April!
September 15th, 2007, 09:35 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) I am trying for number five and nobody has made me feel this way at all. I have gotten a lot of support and I know there are a lot of girls on this board trying for number 3, 4, 5 or more. I think that this board is just really really busy. I think that it is a really active board and that is the problem. I try so hard to hit everyone's post and not leave anyone out. I am really sorry if you are feeling ignored.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 15th, 2007, 09:41 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
April, I am so sorry you are feeling ignored. The TTC board is super busy and I just feel awful that you are feeling ignored. I would love it if you gave it a little more time. I know I post to every single post on the board regardless of how long that you have been trying to conceive or how many children they have. I would love it if you gave the board one more chance. I am also going to send you a pm. I am so sorry. ((((Hugs)))

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
September 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
*Fiona*
If I tell you that I was a bit wary of posting in this section, would it help??

DH & I are gonna ttc in January, but right now, we're going with the flow and if it happens before then, fabby! I wasn't sure the girls would want someone not actively trying, posting in their board... but after I posted an intro I felt like one of the group. Please stay with us!
September 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The ladies have said it all..give it another shot!

I have not been trying for long, and I also have a couple of kids and now ttc again. I love the diversity on this main TTC board as you find everyone...from TTC #1 to TTC #7, 8 etc! Some have TTC for one cycle, others starting, others for over one year, some with medical assistance, some with helath issues, some after BC, some after IUD, some are charting, some wont chart, some check the CP, CM etc, some dont, some BD and stand on their head, some just BD and go to sleep...I MEAN EVERYONE IS HERE!

I have been here a little over a month and I love it here! Took me sometime to get to know pple and follow what is happening, but I am get the glimpse lately.

Hope your try for your next baby remains a short and sweet experience!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
September 15th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
April I am so sorry you are feeling ignored. I hope you give this board some more time! i am sure you will find the ladies here are sooo nice & helpful.

September 15th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608

I'm new to the TTC board too (though not JM!) I think it takes awhile before you get to know everyone here and feel like you really "fit in." But JM is such a wonderful community of mommies and mommies-to-be! Give it another chance!

September 15th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had the same problem, but at least now you have stood up and said something. You will find for a while it is very cliquey, its always the friends replying to their friends and then your posts get overlooked. It's really sad, everyone should feel welcomed and i am so sorry that you don't feel that way. Now that you said something though, perhaps things will change. Goodluck on your TTC journey. I hope you feel you belong soon, if you decide to stay hon! If you want to pM me you can. Take care.

Jess
September 15th, 2007, 11:27 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I too wasn't sure if I should post here when I started to last month. I felt guilty!! Here I was, trying for #7 when there's so many that have been trying for years. But EVERYone was so so supportive and was so quick to answer any questions I had. I definitely expected to here "Dang woman you have 5 kids - be happy with that and shut up" LOL (i also have an angel) But I never heard anything even remotely close to that. If it wasn't for these ladies, and the ladies on the fertility charting board, I honestly don't think I would be pregnant right now. Their help with all my OPK questions got me here =)

THANK YOU LADIES!!!! You are all AWESOME and I check back often for new BFPs and hope that each and every one of you are blessed with one, or 100 lol, very very soon! Sending lots of fertile fertile vibes your way =) (Lord knows that's something I have plenty of lol)
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

September 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honey, you cant leave, we love to have you on the board! I am so sorry that you feel that way. Just give us a chance and you will see that this place is pretty darn great. I am TTC #4! Sometimes the board gets so busy on the weekdays, that its easy to get posts lost. We will do our best to be better at keeping an eye on that. Wishing you the best of luck! *hugs*

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*

September 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG, April! I want to cry that you don't feel welcomed in here! I'm so sorry your posts have been 'ignored or overlooked.' I don't want you to feel like an outcast or that you're not welcomed. Please don't leave this forum. If you stick it out, you will be ADDICTED! I am! I'm supposed to be in the shower getting ready for work tonight, but I just had to see what posting I could answer REALLY quick! LOL. Please don't leave us. I WILL TAKE IT PERSONALLY, IF YOU DON"T WANT TO BE OUR FRIEND!
P.S. if you have a post that you really wnat someone to answer and no one or alot of people haven't answered, use this emoticon... OK?
See ya around.

~Thanks 3Daughters for my lovely siggy!~
September 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Please don't leave!! I am so sorry you feel this way!!! I am TTC #4 and no one hsa ever said anything to me. Please give it another shot!! As for the posts, it is a very busy board and a lot of the posts move very fast down the page and do get over-looked. I always keep bumping mine up when I want more replies!! lol
But seriously I wish you would stay and see how wonderful these ladies are...and very helpful!!!

((((hugs))))

September 15th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">PLEASE don't leave!! Like it was said earlier, this is a VERY busy board. Give us another chance. Sometimes my posts don't get very many responses either and I've been here for a LONG time. I think sometimes that people may not know what to say to some posts so they just don't respond. I am SO sorry you feel the way you do (((HUGS)))</span>

September 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Shyann's_Mommy09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes please don't leave. I'm new to this forum and already its helped me a lot and Ive made some great friends. Like the others have said it moves so fast posts do tend to get misplaced or not seen but no one means to offend. I also know that sometimes Its hard to reply to a thread if you don't really know how to help. Please give us all another chance we wont let you down again. You are more than welcomed here and I cant wait to get to know you better.

September 15th, 2007, 11:54 PM
LadyLora's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh I am so sorry that you feel this way too.....I think it happens to all of us- you know, some posts get over looked now and then but it's because of this board being very busy and sometimes I think that we post to topics we can relate to or have answers for. Believe me, I have learned so much here and find everyone really nice. I ask questions and if they get over looked then I find it totally undestandable. Like maybe I asked something that no one can really relate to. I know if I can't relate to a topic I might read the next not because I don't care but because I might not know what to say. Hope you change your mind.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/185cdd" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>

Make an ovulation ticker
September 16th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
I'm sorry you felt this way, but please know, no one feels that you should leave. You are very welcome here. As for your posts being overlooked, please know that it isn't because no one wants to respond, its because JM is a fast moving board with alot of hits and sometimes, posts get pushed down and go un noticed. Trust me, its happened to all of us. Also some of us, who view posts really do want to respond, however, we don't know anything about the issue and can't give advice so therefore, we don't post and let someone who has experience to respond.

Don't leave. Your very welcome here.
September 16th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bay girl, baby girl! Please don't leave so soon!! The above ladies have said it best. I agree that this is a very busy board and post get lost very fast. It wouldn't hurt to bump your post back if you wanted to and it was being missed. I see people do it all the time! I hope that you can find it in your heart to realize that any hurtful acts were not directly intended towards you and that you'll give us another shot. You are so more than welcomed here and you'd be missed if you left!!
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

September 16th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also agree with everyone here don't leave just yet. I wasn't sure I was going to feel wanted at first either. My post don't get alot of response to them but if I need them too I either bump them or keep posting until I get the answers I am looking for or need. This is one busy board and posts are lost off the first page very quickly. I think if you stick around a little bit longer you will see that there are many many of us here that aren't TTC our first child. I for one am TTC my second and have been doing so for almost a year now. These women are great and I don't know what I'd do without them. I have only been here for a few months and I have seen them welcome everyone with open arms! I hope you decide this is the place for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search