TTC Welcome Wagon

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2007, 11:30 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I sent a pm to a bunch of girls, but decided to go ahead and post it on the board too.

I would like to get a welcome wagon together. I am trying to set up a group of people that can help with the posts that get bumped off the page because the board is so busy. What I would like to do is set up a welcome wagon. I will look through the board once a day and find the posts that have just been missed by the pure business of this board. I know that nobody on this board is purposely ignoring anyone. It's just the way it is. It's busy. Anyway, what I would like to do is get a group of you together to help me with this. I will send a pm to all of you once a day with links to any post that has only gotten one or two posts (or none at all) and pm that to you all once a day to see if you could post to them. Please tell me if this is something you'd be interested in. I would love all the help I can get with this. Love you girls bunches! I was thinking I could even get a blinky made for us girls to include in our siggies if you think this is a good idea anway. Let me know your thoughts.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
September 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bump Great Idea!!

I will be an unoffical member and try to remember to look for those posts!
September 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
*Fiona*
Sign me up for it
September 15th, 2007, 12:59 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Sign me up for it [/b]

Yay!!! Thanks Fiona!

September 15th, 2007, 02:49 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im in, lets get the wagon rolling!!!!

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*

September 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I PM'd you...sign me up!!!!!

September 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I PM'd you...sign me up too!
September 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I had an idea. I hope you don't mind me hijacking your ideas but I am a little concerned people might feel left out on the welcome wagon. I know that may sound silly but I would hate for people to start seeing the welcome wagon as something cliquey so here is my idea. Tell me what you think. What if we had welcome wagon teams like once a month or once a week. This way everyone could do it because it wouldn't be such a big commitment. Say I sign up this week but next week I am going to be busy and can't help. Is this dumb or am I over complicating things? I really like the idea because I don't like people feeling ignored or left out.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 15th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in and down for whatever and will do whatever you need me to. Just tell me!!! I am there!!
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

September 15th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Shyann's_Mommy09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I PM'ed you hun but I would love to be a part of this.

September 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Count me in as well....I don't like the idea of people feeling left out either!</span>

September 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
*Fiona*
I get what Patty is saying, and I think alternate weeks or even 2 weekly is a great idea too.
September 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
I think the welcome wagon is a great idea. Im not sure I totally agree with patty only becase...if people are feeling left out of the "welcome wagon comity" They can always join. And what if certain people dont want to be part of the comity and you make them part of a team they dont want to be in? I say if someone wants to be a part of the welcome wagon then sign up..if you dont...then dont. plus we can keep this as a sticky or something so it wont be bumped down right?
Anyway..thats what I was thinking but its just my opinion. Oh and by the way...count me in! but fyi I will be gone starting Monday..coming back sometime on Wednesday:-) I got dh to take some time off to celebrate our anniversary..so we will be out of town for a couple days.

September 16th, 2007, 10:44 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
I think the welcome wagon is a great idea. Im not sure I totally agree with patty only becase...if people are feeling left out of the "welcome wagon comity" They can always join. And what if certain people dont want to be part of the comity and you make them part of a team they dont want to be in? I say if someone wants to be a part of the welcome wagon then sign up..if you dont...then dont. plus we can keep this as a sticky or something so it wont be bumped down right?
Anyway..thats what I was thinking but its just my opinion. Oh and by the way...count me in! but fyi I will be gone starting Monday..coming back sometime on Wednesday:-) I got dh to take some time off to celebrate our anniversary..so we will be out of town for a couple days.[/b]
Hadn't thought about it like that. That makes perfect sense. I am a worry wort and always worry about people having their feelings hurt.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 16th, 2007, 10:56 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Patty yeah I know what you mean..I am kind of the same way (middle child syndrom) lol. It was a nice thought and you were putting people feelings first. I just figured if they want to be in it sign up and keep it open for anyone who wants to join in at a later date. *hugs* your sweet to think of others:-)

September 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Decided to go ahead and pin this. What I plan to do is break it up if we get enough volunteers so nobody feels bombarded and to be honest I haven't seen hardly any posts missed lately, but then again it is the weekend. If you are interested just sign up and I'll add you to my list.

Teresa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search