Log In Sign Up

Whats for dinner tonight?


Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
September 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,737
Like the title states, what for dinner my friends?

Not too sure here, would like to get ideas though.
__________________

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*


























Reply With Quote
  #2  
September 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
E1izabeth's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 2,402
We're having a couple of friends over and we're going to order in from the restaurant down the street. (It's my B-day, I'm 30 today !)
__________________
Fomerly known as 1SonSoFar, now awaiting Baby #3!!!






Reply With Quote
  #3  
September 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,588
Quote:
We're having a couple of friends over and we're going to order in from the restaurant down the street. (It's my B-day, I'm 30 today !)[/b]
happy birthday!!! I hope you have a great day!


As for dinner, I'm pretty boring, baked chicken & steamed broccoli and snap peas.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
September 15th, 2007, 02:56 PM
hannah'smom's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 131
Hotdogs on the grill and french fries
Reply With Quote
  #5  
September 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,722
Very simple but very delicious!

First make rice as you love it best. My regular way is to make with a little less water than required (half a cup less) then before it is completely drained I add bioled coconut milk.

To go with rice:
Cook peanuts in a flat dry pan. Then blend them (you could add some water to make thick syrup and make it faster blending), and then in a separate deep pan or cooking pot cook onion (you could blend onion before cooking it), add the thick syrup...keep stirring to ensure it doesnt stick to the bottom. Low heat. Then when all is almost bioling, mix salt, and all the spices (I use curry powder and Adobo Seasoning) you like in water, and pour that about a cup of liquid mixure into the sauce. Simmer a little while covered.

It's ready...!! Serve rice - Pour the sauce on rice and ENJOY!

That's what I JUST MADE For dinner and NO ONE waited for dinner time!! It's 6 PM and we are all fed!
__________________
Kel: Blessed mom to:
Precious - 7 yrs old
Trinity - 5 yrs old
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
September 15th, 2007, 03:07 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,787
Happy Birthday to you! It's my mom's b-day today too! We're going over to her house tonight and having chinese take out (it's what she wants).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
September 15th, 2007, 04:10 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,737
Quote:
Very simple but very delicious!

First make rice as you love it best. My regular way is to make with a little less water than required (half a cup less) then before it is completely drained I add bioled coconut milk.

To go with rice:
Cook peanuts in a flat dry pan. Then blend them (you could add some water to make thick syrup and make it faster blending), and then in a separate deep pan or cooking pot cook onion (you could blend onion before cooking it), add the thick syrup...keep stirring to ensure it doesnt stick to the bottom. Low heat. Then when all is almost bioling, mix salt, and all the spices (I use curry powder and Adobo Seasoning) you like in water, and pour that about a cup of liquid mixure into the sauce. Simmer a little while covered.

It's ready...!! Serve rice - Pour the sauce on rice and ENJOY!

That's what I JUST MADE For dinner and NO ONE waited for dinner time!! It's 6 PM and we are all fed![/b]
Oh my goodness, that sounds so yummy! Sounds like you have some Asian flare in your meal tonight.
__________________

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*


























Reply With Quote
  #8  
September 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Quote:
Very simple but very delicious!

First make rice as you love it best. My regular way is to make with a little less water than required (half a cup less) then before it is completely drained I add bioled coconut milk.

To go with rice:
Cook peanuts in a flat dry pan. Then blend them (you could add some water to make thick syrup and make it faster blending), and then in a separate deep pan or cooking pot cook onion (you could blend onion before cooking it), add the thick syrup...keep stirring to ensure it doesnt stick to the bottom. Low heat. Then when all is almost bioling, mix salt, and all the spices (I use curry powder and Adobo Seasoning) you like in water, and pour that about a cup of liquid mixure into the sauce. Simmer a little while covered.

It's ready...!! Serve rice - Pour the sauce on rice and ENJOY!

That's what I JUST MADE For dinner and NO ONE waited for dinner time!! It's 6 PM and we are all fed![/b]
Oh my goodness, that sounds so yummy! Sounds like you have some Asian flare in your meal tonight.
[/b]
Oh, I cook all Asian...that's all I know how to, and very well. I tried basic Mac & Cheese and my kids were literary gagging so will never try American again...
Learnt to make some African dish...I think it backfired, but the West African ladies who taught me were shy to say so. They were looking at each other when eating with a chuckly at the end of the mouth, and I burst out and laughed...they denied though but we were all in laughter!
__________________
Kel: Blessed mom to:
Precious - 7 yrs old
Trinity - 5 yrs old
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
September 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,737
Kel, my hubby is Vietnamese, so I am partial to Asian cuisine. I wish I knew how to cook it well. I love cooking though. Cooking and sharing with friends is great too! You are lucky you live far from me, or I'd be inviting myself over for food
__________________

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*


























Reply With Quote
  #10  
September 15th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,722
Wow, I love Vietnamese food! Especially the version of :Egg roll: they make. I forget the name Bo' something. The vietnamese food takes a little more time to prepare, but cooking it takes 20 minutes! Delicious though and I love mint leaf with is very common in the meals!

I love cooking too...I love learning new recipe's and most from the web, and friends...my friends are from ALL cultures you may think of! You should see my parties/get togethers and you would be very confused...because of that, I prepare something from every culture or ask a friend to make some (mac & cheese), and my taco's dont turn that great so ask my italian friend to make them!

My meals are however traditionally Indian (South Indian to be specific - food from South India is very different from that from North India....the North are not as hot spice as south!)
__________________
Kel: Blessed mom to:
Precious - 7 yrs old
Trinity - 5 yrs old
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
September 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
KimsBlessedWith#5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,737
Quote:
Wow, I love Vietnamese food! Especially the version of :Egg roll: they make. I forget the name Bo' something. The vietnamese food takes a little more time to prepare, but cooking it takes 20 minutes! Delicious though and I love mint leaf with is very common in the meals!

I love cooking too...I love learning new recipe's and most from the web, and friends...my friends are from ALL cultures you may think of! You should see my parties/get togethers and you would be very confused...because of that, I prepare something from every culture or ask a friend to make some (mac & cheese), and my taco's dont turn that great so ask my italian friend to make them!

My meals are however traditionally Indian (South Indian to be specific - food from South India is very different from that from North India....the North are not as hot spice as south!)[/b]

I am a sucker for spicy food & your parties sound like so much fun. Why can't you live close? LOL
__________________

*Thank you Tasha-Mae for my beautiful siggy*


























Reply With Quote
  #12  
September 15th, 2007, 10:15 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 82,834
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
We were pretty boring tonight. DH had to work so we went and got Taco Bell at midnight!! lol
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #13  
September 15th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TN, USA
Posts: 109
Send a message via MSN to yasmin Send a message via Yahoo to yasmin
Wow I'm SUPER late on this post but...

I have had my head in the books all day so i didnt really have time to cook besides i usually junk it out on the weekends...meaning I eat junk food...thats bad i kno but it da truth I snacked on pizza rolls and ramen noodles with fruit punch juice all day...
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #14  
September 16th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,531
I'm having chicken and vegie burgers tonight - yummy!
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0