Quick update on me

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Veteran
I haven't posted much at all lately, but I still regularly check in to see how you ladies are doing, who's getting their BFPs , etc.

It's been a little over a month since my m/c, and I'm doing fine. I bled lightly for about 25 days! After the initial grief, that was probably the worst part.

I still have my moments where I feel sad, and I still desperately want to be pregnant and have a baby, so it isn't easy waiting. The doctor recommended to wait three months, and even though advice varies, I'm going to follow it. I'm due for my first AF in a little less than 3 weeks. Two more and I'll be right back with you girls TTC.

I planned to lose some weight during this 3-month period, but that's not going too well so far. I'm hoping to get serious about it soon. Because of Hurricane Ophelia, I'll have a few days off from school, which doesn't help. In addition to water and batteries, we bought Doritos, cookies, crackers, and snack cakes. Not good.

Teaching is going great so far. I have really good kids this year. Honestly, it keeps me so busy that I don't have time to worry or feel bad about my m/c. I can't imagine dealing with morning sickness right now, so if there is a silver lining to my m/c, I guess that's it.

I hope you all get your BFPs soon. It will be sad when I come back if no one is left , but I'll make new TTC friends, I'm sure.

Send me some cycle dust so that I can join you again soon. In fact, pray for short cycles! I'm hoping I'll be back to TTC around Christmas.
September 13th, 2005, 09:18 AM
imn2nursing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to imn2nursing
It is sooo good to hear from you. I was thinking of you a couple of days ago. I'm glad to hear you are doing good and recuperating at least physically. I'm always paranoid posting with you...lol.... grammer and such. I am a nurse, we have our own language and it is not "correct" at all lol. Please check in every now and then.
September 13th, 2005, 09:23 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
It's great to hear from you. You sound as if you are doing wonderful!! Glad that you got a great bunch of kids this year, I bet that's a great way to start the year off.

Can't wait to start seeing you around more.

MY BLOG

September 13th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through/are going through. Even if I get a BFP before you're back ttc, I will be sure to stop in and see how you're doing. It's great that you have good kids in school, and I think that it's admirable that you have set a weight loss goal for yourself in amidst of everything else that is going on in your life. I wish you the best of luck with that, and am sending you cycle and willpower dust!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
September 13th, 2005, 09:29 AM
diane66
I was so happy to see you posted! I've thought about you wondering if you were doing alright.
I'm glad things are going well with you, and you are enjoying your new students...
I'm looking forward to talking to you more when you make your official 'comeback' in Dec!!
September 13th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Regular
Hello
I am new so I dont know you but I wanted to say I am glad the bad part is over. It is good to be busy to get your mind off the m/c I really wish I had some fabouls words to say but all I can come up with is I am sorry for your loss. But I am glad you have a place to come and talk about it and get nice replies

Have a really good week
September 13th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Curlz MT">Glad to hear from you and that you are doing ok..... </span>

September 13th, 2005, 01:08 PM
baner
Hi! I was thinking about you just a couple days ago and wondered how you were doing, hoping you would give us an update!! I am glad that school is keeping you busy, and that you have a good class this year!

Keep us updated, and keep checking in!

September 13th, 2005, 01:14 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Quote:
Originally posted by hsteacher@Sep 13 2005, 09:13 AM
I hope you all get your BFPs soon. It will be sad when I come back if no one is left* , but I'll make new TTC friends, I'm sure.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hehe...I still haunt the TTC boards. I've said it before: it's where the action is!!!

Glad to hear that everything is coming back together for you and that you and DH have come to an agreement about when it's good for you to start trying again.

Hooray for teachers! DH wants to be a high school teacher...I mean, REALLY wants it. Those of you who teach and really want it and really pay attention to your students make all the difference. Congrats on getting of to a great school year start!

September 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Veteran
You guys are awesome! I've really missed talking to all of you.

I felt a little like an outsider for a while, so I think I needed the time away from the boards.

But I still probably won't post too often, because it just makes this 3-month wait harder, if that makes any sense. I'm better off not thinking about peeing on sticks, charting temps, checking cervical position, and all of that fun stuff. I think I sometimes like to pretend that I never tried to conceive, I never got pregnant, I never m/c. If I can just concentrate on the present, the future will get here faster.

By the way, DH and I are using condoms as protection, and I wouldn't be terribly upset if there was a "condom-malfunction," if you know what I mean. But who am I kidding, we used condoms for years when we first started dating and never had any problems. So I'll just have to wait the full three cycles.

Christmas will be here before I know it, and hopefully I'll get my BFP as quickly as I did last time. It's just so hard in the meantime to respond to comments like, "So it's your turn....When are you guys going to have one?" It's even harder to deal with news of folks in the community getting pregnant.

It's different somehow to see all of you get your BFPs. I'm genuinely happy for you. I can't help but feel a little jealous of the people down the street. Am I crazy? I don't know, it just hard to see all of the reminders.

Anyways, thanks for all of the kind words and well-wishes. It really means a lot.
September 13th, 2005, 01:53 PM
babypaid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to babypaid Send a message via MSN to babypaid
so glad to hear from you and know that you are doing good. here's some patience dust.
Misty

September 13th, 2005, 02:21 PM
marie2001
Thanks for posting! It is great to hear from you and know you are doing ok. I understand how you feel about the m/c. I had one too in July, so I know first hand how badly they hurt. I will definately be sending you short cycle dust, and also some healing dust for your emotions.

Can't wait until you are back here in full TTC swing!

September 13th, 2005, 03:49 PM
*~*Jenn*~*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *~*Jenn*~*
It's so good to hear from you, and to hear that you are getting better!!

I hope the hurricane doesn't do to much damage, I haven't heard much about that one, so I'm not to sure of who's actually being affected by it.

I'm so glad school is going well!! I'm a substitute teacher this year, and I'm hoping to get pregnant real soon so I won't have to deal with morning sickness while teaching. This year if I don't feel well, I can just say 'no' to a job and not have to worry. I'm hoping to be back into full teaching by next year.

Good Luck with everything, and Christmas will be here before you know it!! (ONLY 103 SHOPPING DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!)

Thanks to jaidynsmumfor my adorable siggy and w000 for awesome blinkies !

September 13th, 2005, 05:05 PM
MommytoCS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for posting! I was wondering how you were doing! Good luck with the school year!
September 13th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Choose joy
I was JUST thinking about you. I'm glad you posted! And don't worry, I'm sure I'll still be here in December

**edited for spelling...AGAIN..grrr**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search