Feeling better, I think

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2005, 12:25 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
No, I didn't go in for being pregnant. I have some weird medical probs and was afraid that they were flaring up, that I could have a kidney infection, etc.

The doc was funny and kind, told me that my OB is the best doc for all of what's going on with me, and shared my concern that the nurse isn't being terribly responsive. I told him that I timed my calls and they were less than one minute. He agreed, the nurse is ridiculous, but it might be worth keeping her for the doc.

He needed to get a little history for the workup they did, so I told him, and relayed what's been going on so far with the pregnancy. He thinks that I'm not high risk now, but to get to my problems earlier, I should be considered as such. He also took the time to reassure me IN CLEAR WORDING that the numbers were fine for early pregnancy, I'm not having any symptoms of m/c, and that bc of the lower numbers, the doc will just have to adjust my due date/pregnancy progress. He said that I shouldn't worry, but take it easy. My eyes were swollen and I obviously don't feel well.

It took him 3 minutes. I think that my nurse could have taken that time. Oh, well. I DO feel better. He agreed that Internet searching will probably just show me all the failures and no successes, so don't do it. Hehe.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!! I can't tell you how much it helps to be able to come here, especially when no one else knows and DH is gone all day!!! I can actually feel the weight lifting as I type. Really, thank you.

September 13th, 2005, 12:33 PM
diane66
I'm happy your Dr made you feel less stressed! Good for you....He gave you reassurance as to your levels and thats wonderful!!! I feel better too!
Not that I was worried for you, but I would be uneasy about that as well....
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!
September 13th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you got the information you were looking for. Take care.
September 13th, 2005, 12:40 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So good to hear good news for you! I didn't see your other posts about low numbers, but if I did I would have encouraged you because A) barely doubling, and doubling both are very good signs. As long as it's rising that's great! and B) no signs of miscarriage means that you shouldn't be staring at those numbers so hard. If you're feeling good (meaning no blood or cramping) and your numbers are rising that means that things are going well so far.
I know that's it's so much easier to say that then to do it, but enjoy yourself. Put your mind to ease. Things are going well so far so keep those hopes up! This one could be the one that you finally get to hold in your arms!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck, and again congrats on being pregnant!!!!

(haha! I put a "b" and then a parenthasy and it made the "cool" face. That's to funny!)

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

September 13th, 2005, 12:43 PM
babypaid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to babypaid Send a message via MSN to babypaid
awwwww hun, glad to know that you're feeling better. so happy for you. the countdown begins...till you have that baby in your arms!!

September 13th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad he was able to reassure you. Did you call DH and tell him what the new doc said? It sounds like he could use some reassuring as well. I hope that you can relax and smile and enjoy the evening with DH tonight!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
September 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
marie2001
You are so sweet! I am just glad you are feeling better about the pregnancy. We all knew you were fine, but it sounds like you finally know it too. I'll bet that is a HUGE relief for you.

Take care of yourself!

September 13th, 2005, 02:34 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I didn't even have a chance to call DH. When I got out, there were several whispered messages on the phone. He said he'd call back, so I didn't bother calling him, and he burst into tears as soon as I said, "Hello?" Poor guy. I told him that I didn't have the official ok from my doc, but that really, everything should be fine. He said, "I'm going to talk to you until I stop crying." When he finally did, and after all that crying in front of "the guys," he felt the need to whisper into his cupped hand, "I love you."

So, wait, what makes I love you weirder than crying in front of a large group of construction workers???

Thank you guys again. Believe me, even as I post my worries, I feel silly. But I just can't help it!!! I really, truly am going to try to enjoy this now. If it ends, it ends, but there's no reason to think that, so...WOOHOO!!!

I still don't think that I can quite convince myself to buy anything baby-related just yet...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search