9 DPO, positive OPK

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Regular
I have been ttc for 6 months now. I am on the 28th day of my cycle... which is irregular. It ranges anywhere from 30 - 50+ days. I have been using OPKs and charting for a few months now. My BBT never really is very conclusive. However I do have sporadic higher temperature readings toward the end of my cycles, which is what is happening this cycle as well. I thought I ovulated on CD 19 after a positve OPK and based on charting cervical position and mucus as well. But now.. My cervical position is high again with an increased amount of mucus. I had a positive OPK result today at what I thought was 9 DPO. This seems very strange to me. Anyone have any clue what is going on with me?!
November 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM!!

Do you have an online chart that we can all take a look at?

November 16th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Regular
Thanks, I'm still trying to catch on to this stuff. I have a chart, and I could put it online.. I'm not sure where or how to do it?
November 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ & http://www.ovusoft.com/products/ are two charting sites.
FF is free to use, they also give you a free VIP subscription for 30 days. Ovusoft is a one time fee of $39.95, you can get a free 15 day trial before paying. I can't really recommend one over the other..I use both and really love them.

November 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Hi there and Welcome!!! Im so glad you found us here at JM!! I hope we can help you and give you some answers. the girls here are full of great info and advice. If your cycles are really irregular and its possible your ovulating way later in cycle. Your Follicular stage (between your period and ovulating) can vary month to month but your Luteal Phase (between ovulating and period) should not vary more than 1 day in either direction. Have you been checked out for PCOS? Do you get + OPK's throughout your cycle?

November 17th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi am welcome to JM we are happy to have you. I would def. like to look at your chart if you can get it posted for us. I am kind of in the same boat as you. First I have a question or 2. What brand OPKs are you using? Also do you get positives several times through out your cycle?

I am asking because, I have high LH all the time which is what makes an OPK positive and some brands like Answers are really sensitive they give me positives almost all the time. I got one at 9 dpo myself and thought it might mean I was preggers, saddly no such luck. Also since your cycles are irregular that could be an indicator that maybe some of your levels are of like your LH and FSH. Just throwing some things out there that could be effecting your OPK.

So anyways I will stop rambling now!
We are happy your here with us I hope you enjoy it here!!
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

November 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Regular
Ok here is the link to my chart.. I apologize it isn't all finished yet. I'm having trouble located one of my pages. Doing this stuff on the computer will be much easier. Thank you for all of your help so far! I was diagnosed with PCOS, but all of my tests have come back normal. They have never seen any cysts or anything, so it is kind of weird. But.. I do have all the classic symptoms as far as everything else goes. In previous cycles, I only ever had one positive opk. However, in the past few cycles my doctor has prescribed provera after my surge. So, it is entirely possible that I didn't actually ovulate and if I would have allowed my body to have another surge it may have happened. I did have another positive OPK test today. So perhaps this is my actual surge. I have never had one last more than a day before.
myTCOYF WebCharts™
November 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
LadyOrion's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to LadyOrion Send a message via Yahoo to LadyOrion Send a message via Skype™ to LadyOrion
Well, it looks like your body tried to O around CD18 but then didn't. It looks like you might be O'ing today.

Good luck! I hope you catch that egg!

November 17th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your body might of tried to O on cd18 but it looks like the egg was not released. I think you are Oing today!! Get busy your temps over the new few days will let you know if you O'd. Good luck!!

November 17th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Regular
Quote:
Your body might of tried to O on cd18 but it looks like the egg was not released. I think you are Oing today!! Get busy your temps over the new few days will let you know if you O'd. Good luck!![/b]
Thank you everyone for all your help!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search