What happens when you wake up and can't go back to sleep???

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
In regards to temping! I woke up at 4am, then tossed and turned until 6:30am. I was supposed to temp at 6am. I THINK it was somewhat accurate because it went down by only a bit compared to yesterday....but still.....you're supposed to get 3 solid hours of sleep before you temp, but what if you don't? Will it just be so inaccurate in the end that I shoudn't bother if I keep waking up like that? I didn't get out of bed or anything, but I definately wasn't sleeping well after 4am.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
November 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This happened to me the night before last and when I took my temp it was a touch higher than the previous nights, but I used it any way. You may have weird temps here and there, but it's the over all look of your temps. You should be able to see a thermal shift of before you O'd and after you O'd. If it's really off from your other temps, you may want wo discard it after temping the next couple days and seeing that. Good luck, hun!
November 17th, 2007, 02:10 PM
*~Becca~*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sometimes have problems with insomnia, what I do is do my best to be still and relax so my temp will be as accurate as possible. I make a note of my insomnia in the notes section so I know later if the temp is throwing off my chart why it is different. So far, it hasn't messed up my chart, but I'll tell you what it is really hard to not toss and turn...lol

November 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM
lucidity03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to what's been said.

One night of poor sleep shouldn't affect your overall chart. Hopefully you'll get a better night's rest tonight!
November 17th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Lady Moonlight's Avatar Freddy and Sammy's Mommy
Well I have a lot of sleep problems and wake up a lot in the night. DS also gets me up a lot too. I just do the best I can. If I wake up early and don't fall asleep, I just lay in bed as long as I can and temp at the right time.
So far, my chart still follows a good pattern and ovulation is still clear on it. If you do wake up and need to get up, you can always temp at that time and adjust it later.

Just do your best!

November 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
I would still use the temp but make a note of not sleeping well if your temps are way off.

November 18th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Lady Caillean's Avatar Veteran
I agree! Just rcord it as you would and make a note, so if you need to refrence it later you will know!!

A woman is the full circle.
Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.

~ Diane Mariechild ~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search