I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2004, 10:09 PM
mommywishes
I love everything about this holiday! I love watching family open presents, baking, wrapping, decorating, drinking hot cocoa, looking at Christmas lights, taking funny holiday pics of the dogs, singing carrols at the top of my lungs alone in the car , and spending time with everyone!

It is so great! I am like a little kid in the morning waking DH up way to early!

What do you like about Christmas?
December 24th, 2004, 08:15 AM
WannaBaby's Avatar Veteran
Oh girl. I wish I had your holiday spirit. I really don't like Christmas. It's too stressful for me. I mean, I like it. I enjoy having my tree up and watching Brooke get excited as more and more presents show up under the tree. And of course I love watching her unwrap them Christmas morning. But! What I hate is the fact that I have a huge family and some of them are stupid!

My sister makes great money AND has a super rich boyfriend and insists on buying everyone in the family gifts. Well, this kills me every year. We just don't have that kind of money. I've suggested year after year that we either A.) don't buy for each other and each others kids, just buy for mom and grandma, or, B.) draw names, or C.) do like a $15 grab bag and then people can trade after. Something fun like that. But nooooo, not my sister. She's gotta buy for every Joe-schmoe in the family. My brother and I are the only ones who agreed not to buy for each other, each others spouses, and each others kids. It's just too much. To buy for my sisters family there's......Her, her boyfriend, and six kids, one who has a fiance so I can't leave him. That alone is alot of money. With the money I spent on all of them, I could've bought the gift I wanted for my mom. (Tickets to "Thoroughly Modern Millie"). But of course I can't. So anyway, this holiday stuff is for the birds. I wish we could just spend the day togoether and eat dinner, and be thankful for family and remember the true meaning of this holiday instead of having to worry about paying off what we spent for the next 6 months!

I'm not a grinch! Really! I promise!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!

Deb & Danny</font>

December 24th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Ma2RayPooh
i cant wait to run in and jump on my sister and tell her to wake up!!! LMAO i used to do that when we were kids and she is going to be here for xmas (coming tonight) so i am going to do it to her AGAIN! mawhahahaha!
December 24th, 2004, 02:18 PM
mommywishes
I totally undertand about the money thing. I always spend too much! I think there should be a limit. Just because you have tons of money does not mean you have to buy so much. It is suppose to be a gift....not three or four per person!

I am totally guilty of buying over my spending limit and then paying to off over the next 3 or 4 months! I know your not a grinch! It is how many people feel.

I was in charge of the shopping and money raising for our adopt a family. I got to spend a lot on each family. Now that is fun! They are both in shelters and have little ones under 5! That made me feel so good!
December 24th, 2004, 02:20 PM
dawn1979
FOOD!
December 24th, 2004, 02:23 PM
mommywishes
Don't even get me started about food! I can't fit in my jeans right now!
December 24th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I Heart 4x4
I usually love Christmas but this year I'm just not in the mood for it.
December 24th, 2004, 03:32 PM
mommywishes
Quote:
Originally posted by I Heart 4x4@Dec 24 2004, 05:13 PM
I usually love Christmas but this year I'm just not in the mood for it.*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

What has made you not in the mood?
December 24th, 2004, 06:38 PM
JaecobsMommie's Avatar Veteran
I love the cold weather we're having here in Alabama this year, usually it 's just not cold enough to be in the spirit...but with 17 degrees in the a.m.--oooh boy! I was the one that woke up before dawn running thru the house "Santa Came, Santa Came" This is the first Christmas that we are spending in our NEW home and my son is 4. He knows that Santa brings gift but I'm not sure that he's made the connection--RUN DOWN STAIRS AND SEE WHAT YOU GOT before you wake up mom and dad... hee hee, that might be next year for sure!!! He always comes to wake us up every morning, I suspect tomorrow will be no different!!! Well, I take that back, I'll probably be waking him up He's asked for Thomas the Tank Engine stuff and we thought that we were not going to be able to afford to give him much at all, and then my employer decided to pay us one day early and I was able to get him his "big" gift. I'm really thankful this holiday season. I lost my dad at Christmas in 1996 and Christmas really hasn't been the same since then. It's good to be able to see that this time of year is getting back to some type of normalcy. Though I did go to his grave today and it was terribly depressing that I didn't have the extra $ to bring flowers.... Anyway, happier note: SANTA'S COMING SANTA'S COMING. Merry Christmas, ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7f2bc">
</a>
December 24th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Jenni's Avatar Super Mommy
I love everything about it too!
I will admit that I get a little crazed when it comes to the shopping, but in the end it's always a blast and a nice warm feeling.
We have a program called "Operation Dalmation" here through our local fire dept., you can request that they give you a gender and age of a less fortunate child to provide for for Christmas and then they will come to your house with the fire trucks to pick the gifts up. They then have a scheduled night that they deliver the packages to the homes and what ever extras they have get taken to our local hospital for the children's ward.
Every year I take Soph with me to shop for the gift and then she helps wrap it. When they come with the fire truck she carries it out and gives it to the firemen. It always brings tears to my eyes.
Helps us to not lose sight of not only the true meaning of Christmas, but also that is about giving and not receiving.
Happy Holidays to all of you!
December 24th, 2004, 09:14 PM
KentuckyMama
I love it all. I cannot wait to go to my mom's house in the morning to give and open presents there---especially with new baby!!! Being so young and it being her first Christmas, she won't have any clue what's going on...but it makes me excited for next year when she'll be a year old for Christmas!
December 26th, 2004, 07:54 PM
CindyLou
Food, and family!!!!! Xmas Carols!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search