What are EVAP lines? I MIGHT have them???

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2004, 06:15 AM
JaecobsMommie's Avatar Veteran
I don't know what evap lines are, and I don't have time to take a picture of my test...yet, I might tomorrow...anyway. I THINK I SEE A FAINT Line on my test and I want to rule out Evap lines before I get excited.... let me know, I'll take another test tomorrow a.m. thanks, gals!!! ~Heather

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7f2bc">
</a>
December 24th, 2004, 07:56 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i found this on the net, not sure if it will help you answer your question.

A friend of mine took an EPT and a white line came up within the 20
minute period. The line turned pink some hours later. She called the
EPT help line and was told that the test could have evaporation lines if
it was read after 20 minutes and that they could be that color.

maybe to confirm this, trying calling your pregnancy test's help line.
December 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kristinemf
If it shows up past the allowed time........consider it an evaporation line. Test again in a couple days! Good Luck

December 24th, 2004, 02:12 PM
mommywishes
I took a test once that had a pink line show up! However I had waited the 10 minutes and tossed it in the drawer so DH did not know I was testing. When I went to sneak the test in the trash it had a faint pink line. It must be an evaporation line.

You all know you sneak around behind DH's back and test! Ha ha!
December 24th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Ok, maybe I wasn't so clear in what I did... I took the test, waited about 1 minute, didn't see a line, hopped in the shower. Got out, read the results. I was in the shower for like 7-8 mins (too cold in the a.m. to take a shower) and the faint line was there. DH saw it as well. I will be testing again in about a week. My test said that if I expect AF on the 21st day then I can test as early as day 17.... I expect AF on 19/30 of December so I tested 5 days early (per box). I'll keep ya posted though... thanks for the help.
~H

</a>
December 24th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Read the directions and it will say to read it within a certain window and not to exceed the time allotted cause then it could be an evaporation line. An evaporation line is your urine drying on the stick. Usually its 20, but read the directions. I had that happen to me once, it was so faint I could barely see it and it was probably between 5 and 10 min after I tested. I tested a week later and it was a strong positive. Its probably positive, but wait a week and test again to be sure. That was the longest week.
December 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Ma2RayPooh
let us know..
December 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by linda11567@Dec 24 2004, 06:57 PM
let us know..
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Will do, I took the dollar store test (well, Dollar General--probably not the same test everyone else is talkinga about). and it was BFN this a.m. I'll take another in the a.m., one on Monday etc... I'm trying to hold out on taking the $14.00 test until New Year's Eve. That way AF will be one day late if she doesn't show by then. I will keep you posted though--most likely thru a new thread. Thanks for the advice and information !!!
~Heather

</a>
December 25th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are really itching to know.. ... I suggest using a CVS stick test, of course if you have a CVS store around you. I have used these tests, and never saw an evap line. They say they test at 25miu, but I tested + and my hcg level was only 17. It did take a while (1 1/2 hrs.) for the faint line to show.

Good luck!

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
December 25th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sunsetsue@Dec 25 2004, 08:10 PM
If you are really itching to know..* ... I suggest using a CVS stick test, of course if you have a CVS store around you.* I have used these tests, and never saw an evap line.* They say they test at 25miu, but I tested + and my hcg level was only 17.* It did take a while (1* 1/2 hrs.) for the faint line to show.*

Good luck!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hee hee, believe it or not, I'm not really itching to know. don't get me wrong, I'd like to know for sure, but again it's still kinda early...Now if I get to New years day and I still don't know ,I'll be ITCHING to know for sure. Yeah, we have CVS's around here... and if I break down before Friday and use my name brand test then I'll go get a CVS one as well... Again, i appreciate the advice Thanx!
~H

</a>
December 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM
CindyLou
Good Luck! Hopefully AF will be a no show!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search