Addisen Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay so all day long on the 23rd (Easter), I kept having little gushes of fluid come out. But I honestly didnt think anything of it and kept thinking it was just more mucous or something, I guess because of all the times I had been to l&d having contractions and they kept sending me home. So I went to bed on the 23rd at around 9:30. At 11:00pm my friend Ashley text messaged me and my phone was across the room. When I stood up out of bed to go get my phone I felt a gush, this gush was a lot bigger than the other gushes I had throughout the day. I thought my mom was still at work (she usually doesnt get home til around 11:30) so I went into the living room where my little brother was.

When I walked in there he said "Whats wrong with you?"
"I think my water just broke" I said.
"Well what do you want me to do about it?" was his comment
I was like, "Your about to take me to the hospital thats what your going to do about it!"
"No moms home, go get her" is what he told me.

So I walked into my moms room and she was just getting into bed. I told her to rethink that and put her clothes back on. She said "Why." and I was like "Because I think my water just broke." Two seconds later we were out the door.

When I got to the hospital and got upstairs the nurse (who I knew from my previous preterm labor visits) asked if I was having contractions again. I said not this time surprisingly, I think my water broke! So she took me into a triage room and just let me pull down my underwear and she put the little paper thing on my underwear where it was wet. The strip turned blue and she said sure enough my water had broke! I called Dusty while they were getting a delivery room ready for me, and by the time I got in there and got my gown on he was walking through the door. He had been all the way across town!! He was so nervous all I could do was laugh. The nurse came and checked me and I was at a 3 and 70% effaced. When she left the contractions started and they were 2 minutes apart right off the bat. She came back in an hour to check me and I was 100% effaced and a 3 1/2.

Then my labor stalled. I stayed 3 1/2 and 100% until 5:30 in the morning. During the 4 1/2 hours my labor was stalled I had the experience of listening to the sounds of two women who DID NOT GET THERE IN TIME FOR THEIR EPI'S, let me tell you it sounded like they were being slowly tortured to death by a dull spoon! This whole time I was still having contractions but they werent doing anything. And during one of the ladies delivering I had to pee so bad. I had to hold it for 45 minutes while the nurses were with her.

At 5:00 that morning my dr came in because he had to see the other two girls. He told me he was going to start me on pitocin but said I could go ahead and get my epi if I wanted even though I wasnt at a 4 yet. He said he thought it would relax me and help me dialate. Especially after the horrors I heard the night before. The man that came to give me my epi was like 65 years old and so sweet. Instead of sitting with my legs over the bed and curled up I had to sit indian style in the middle of the bed because I was so small lol.

After that I was in heaven. It did take me from 5:30 to 10:30 to go from a 3 1/2 to a 6 1/2 but that was okay because I wasnt feeling anything. Then at 12:00 I told Dusty to go get the nurse because I needed to push. The nurse came in and said, that I shouldnt be needing to push because there was no way I could go from a 6 1/2 to a 10 in an hour and a half. She checked me anyway though and sure enough I was at a 10. They got the room ready for me to push and called the dr to get his permission for me to push. He told me I had to wait because he was in a c-section!! I was so mad! At 12:30 I was finally allowed to push. For the first 30 minutes I was only allowed to push "down" and not "out" because Addie had tried to come out face up and so they had to turn her. They massaged me to get her to turn which turned out really good because not only did she turn but only tour internally and only needed 4 stitches. At 1:00 they finally let me start pushing "out" and by 1:15 she was here! I wouldnt let Dusty watch her crown but he was looking under my leg and announced to me "Her head is out!" lol.

They put her on top of me and the first thing I said was "OMG she ours." Dusty looked at me and said "Yea she is." While the dr sewed me up Dusty went over with her to be weighed and measured. She was 7lbs 7oz and 19 inches long. I was proud of myself because they had told me I couldnt push out a baby over 7lbs!

She has so much hair its crazy and she is so adorable. We are very proud of our little girl.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

April 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
you go girl we told you that you could do over 7lbs!!
And aw i love that you said she is ours! Congratulations again momma

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

April 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Congrats!

April 25th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Lacey.♥s.Lemons's Avatar Mommy March '05 & Feb '10
Send a message via MSN to Lacey.♥s.Lemons Send a message via Yahoo to Lacey.♥s.Lemons
Congrats!! She is adorable.

October 28th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Your birth story seriously made me laugh out loud like 3 times!

"the sounds of two women who DID NOT GET THERE IN TIME FOR THEIR EPI'S, let me tell you it sounded like they were being slowly tortured to death by a dull spoon!"

"OMG she ours."

You're funny! I'm glad everything went well & smoothly!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search