Tyran Kenneth Oliver

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
tkay88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok,

Well since DF was working 4pm to 12 am shift on the weekend i was at my parents house! They dropped me home at around 10pm on Sunday night (30th) and i had felt nothing. So it was a normal night - getting Xylia into bed and then going to bed myself and watching a bit of tv. I decided to wait up for DF since he wouldn't be long.

At 12:12 am i felt my first contraction and didn't think much of it. They were coming every 4-6 minutes from that point on. When DF arrived home at around 12:30 i told him i was having pains but they weren't so bad so he got into bed and was watching tv.

Soon after that i started to feel a bit more uncomfortable so i went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet (as i did with DD it eased the pressure). My contractions get a lot stronger from then on and i think it was partly cause my waters were leaking but hadn't broken fully (again same with DD). They were quite intense and i was rocking back and forth through them DF knew at this point that it was definatly it although i was in denile until i had 'proof' (I was waiting for the bloody show). He came in to check on me a few times and i asked him to run me a bath.

I spent about 20 minutes in the bath which was a big help with the 'pain'. I then got out and dried but ended up back on the toilet as it was more comfortable and TMI my system was clearing out. At around 2:15am i wiped myself and there was a pinky mucus on the paper and also my whole underneath was bulging. I could feel something down there so i started to freak and called DF to look. He said it was ok it was part of my vagina. lol.

He went and got my mobile and told me to call the midwife while he called my mom to come over. So i called the mw and told her that i'd had contractions since midnight and now i could feel something down there. She said it was probably just the pressure and asked if i'd had any bleeding. I told her that i'd had a bit. She decided that it'd be best to go to the birthing unit since DD was so quick. She said she'd meet us there cause she was at the hospital as she'd just delivered another baby!!

My mom arrived at around 2:40. At which point Xylia woke up. So she grabbed her and Alan was running around getting things into the car etc. I managed to put my underware on with a pad and got a nightie and jacket on and my shoes then we went off to the delivery unit. Mom took Xy in her car and DF took me in his!! On the way to the unit my contractions were around every 3 minutes.

All three of us arrived at the same time lol. We got there at 2:55am. We got into the unit and were put into one of the delivery rooms. They gave me a hospital gown to put on and helped me into it. When i took off my underware there was a bit more of the show on the pad. My contractions were reasonably strong at this point and they were trying to work out how often they were coming. DF was standing next to the bed holding my hand. Everytime i had a contraction i squeezed it!! My mw put in my IV and gave me a dose of antibiotics (for the strep B).Mw checked babys HR every so often.

My contractions were real strong by now and i was finding it hard to fight the urge to push (i think i was probably pushing slightly anyway invoulantarily(sp?)). My midwife checked me at around 3:20 am and said i was at 8-9cm. But thought she could feel a little bag of waters. At 3:25am she broke my waters and i was fully dialated at 3:30am. I was now definatly pushing both knowingly and i think my body was taking over and doing it on it's own too. Helen said the head was crowning and they were telling me to do little pushes but i couldn't control them!! (I remember thinking 'I AM" but anyways...) Soon his head was out and then with one big push his whole body came out at 3:40am. So 10 minutes of pushing... DF looked down and then looked over to me and said "It's a boy'. He had the biggest grin on his face, lol. They put him onto my chest and then put a dose of Syntocinon into my IV to make the placenta come out. Which it did at 3:45am. Xylia and my mom had watched him come out. Mom said Xylia was facinated by the whole process lol. She only got a little upset when i made a couple of grunts..

I also got told afterwards that DS came out with his hand up by his face and that his umbillical cord was extra long and quite thin (mw's said they'd never seen one so long and thin) it was also loosley wrapped around his shoulders, it broke when they were pulling on it to get the placenta out too. Apparently his placenta was huge and REALLY healthy haha... For about 20 minutes after he was born i shook a little and mw said it was cause my body was in slight shock from it all happening so fast. I had no tears or stitches just a little graze inside (because of his hand been up).

So;

March 31st 2008 @ 03:40am Tyran was born weighing a whopping 9lbs (4.1kg) and measuring 52cm long.
His apgars were 9 and 9. First gasp was in >1 minute.

I got up to shower and the mw (not my mw) freaked out cause i bled everywhere but anyway after i'd dried and dressed i then gave him his first breast feed which he took to like a pro.

Sorry it's soo long it turned into a novel lol.

April 20th, 2008, 02:00 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Congratss!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search