Jasmin Katie Apps..x

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Mummy_Boo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On Sunday 4th May at aroun 4am in the morning i woke up and thought i had wet myself, i walked to the bathroom and water kept coming out of me, i sat on the loo for about 5-10 minutes and when i stood up some more water gushed out of me, standing on the landing i called my mum who was still awake sat on the computer, i told her i thought my waters had broken, by this time i was already 3 days overdue. My mum phoned the delivery suite and explained what had happened, i was having contractions but not often nor regular, they told me to go in straight away as baby was more prone to infection with my waters being broken, so i went in and sat there for a few hours with a band round my belly measuring Jasmins heartbeat, my contractions were getting stronger and more regular and i was 2cm dilated but still not regular enough, i was so tired so they gave me some pethadine (sp) to help me sleep, it was great and i managed to get a good few hours sleep, til one huge contraction woke me up after it had worn off, they were coming every ten minutes and more intense, i called the nurse and asked if i could have another dose, this time it was a different nurse and she said have you tried the aromatherapy oils she wasnt going to give me nothing! So i went and had a hot bath which suprisingly helped! After that which it was around 4pm another nurse came in and said that i could go home as i was still onyl 2cm providing that i take my temperature every 3 hours, and if at anytime the discharge i was losing became smelly or discoloured i was to go straight back, I also had to go back in Monday for them to measure Jasmins heartbeat again, and they booked me in Tuesday morning for a C Section, if nothing was to happen before that. So i went home, i remember sitting there with my Sunday roast having contractions all the way through it.. Then My contractions stopped but i managed to get a good noghts sleep... Monday i was having contractions on and off throughout the day, the Monday night i was up ALL night long having contractions but only 6 minutes apart My mum phoned them for me but they said they will not give me anything yet for the pain so i may aswell stay at home till they were around 4-5 minutes apart, it came to about 6am when i could no longer take the pain and cried for my mum who was in bed, i was booked in anyway to have the c section but instead of going in at 8am we left straight away..

When i got there around 7am they put me in my own room and they measured me being 4cm dilated and gave me a dose of pethadine which didnt seem to work as well as the other dose, they hooked me upto the monitor but the bands round my belly kept losing her heartbeat so they put a clip on her head instead, my mum had an interview that day so after i had the pethadine i tried to get some sleep and off she went. They told me now that i progressing that i could give labour a go vaginally i was so happy to hear that! Then the pethadine started to wear off again, My midwife was so lovely she got the aneasatist (sp) to me in about 20 minutes for my epi, I couldnt believe how fast the pain went away and how comfortable i was i also had a drip to make my contractions stronger but i didnt mind i couldnt feel them! She measured me again around 3pm and i was 8 cm, i was getting really nervous now but so excited to meet her... They topped my Epi up and about 9 pm i was still 8 cm, nothing was happening but by this time we realised she was going to be born on my mums birthday also the 7th May and it was her 40th!! At around 10 pm i could slightly feel my contractions and they werent going to top me up again so i had gas and air, again great stuff. I felt like i wanted to push and everyone was telling me not to be silly so i started to cry lol about an hour later they let me try to push but nothing was happening, then all of a sudden Jasmins heartbeat went really low and every contraction i had it went low they turned the drip down, then they rushed me to theatre to be ready to have an emergency c section, if the vontouse did not work. i was so scared there was about 10 different people in the room, i remember this one old lady on my left side holding my hand, she was so sweet she said 'now push as if your having a really big poop' lol so i did, the midwife delivering Jasmin said all i can feel is hair lol, they cut me and placed the vontouse on babys head, my mum was there with me who said there was blood everywhere, i was so tired and drugged up that i felt i couldnt push anymore then all of a sudden i had this urge to push i dont know where it came from and after about 4 big pushes her head was out and they told me to do loads of little pushes, then at 0040hrs 07th may 08 Jasmin Katie Apps was delivered on to my belly my eyes filled with tears i looked at my mum who was blubbing and said happy birthday... She was perfect in every way, her head was a bit mishaped due to the vontouse. It was amazing how much love filled my heart... This is then i realised I am a mum to a gorgeous princess...xx

Thankyou Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*
For My Beautiful Siggy
Thaya + Jasmin + Imogen =
My Heart, My Life, My Soul

October 12th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Mummy_Boo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mum was just as shocked... I didnt know that they shouldnt have let me have a bath. IDK. When they sent me home they sent me home with thermometers, I had to check my temperature every 3 hrs, and if at any stage i started to bleed, or they water i was losing started to smell then i was to go straight back In. But like i said the bath did really help.

Thankyou Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*
For My Beautiful Siggy
Thaya + Jasmin + Imogen =
My Heart, My Life, My Soul

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search