Izayahs Birth Story <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2009, 11:05 PM
.Froggy.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the story of my first pregnancy with Izayah:

When I was 15. I was pretty sexually active. I was in the wrong state of mind at the time to have children. But nevertheless I never charted my periods before I didn't know when to expect it. After about 1 week of sore boobs and not having a period the entire month I called my mom. I was in Louisiana at the time with my dad and my mom lives here in South Carolina. Anyways I told her that I needed a pregnancy test and if she could send me money for one. She immediately wanted to speak to my dad. Unfortunately I had to because she would of called his cell phone either way. After they got off the phone he immediately drove me to walgreens not saying a word to me. He handed me 20 dollars and said go pick one. I didn't know which was which. So I just grabbed the one in the pink box, First Response!!

We got home and my dad told me to take it now. I read all the directions and they said first mourning urine is best. After 30 minutes of telling him I should wait until the mourning I gave up and just took it. I watched and as the pink dye moved across I already saw the line. The only thing running through my head was "oh crap, oh crap." "oh joy, oh joy." My dad was pretty much beating on the door. I handed him the test and he just went crazy. He cried, punched the wall. Stomped on the test-like it did anything wrong,lol. While he was doing that I was just looking at my belly, wondering what was going on in there and couldn't believe that I was pregnant! I have a baby inside of me. Oh crap I'm gonna be a mom!

He sent me up to my moms a week later. I guess he couldn't handle it. Hell he barely knew how to father me (he first meet me when I was 11). My mom bought me another test-positive, went up to the health clinic-positive. So I started my long journey of pregnancy. My original due date was July 31st,2006. My lmp was October 23rd,2005 (yes I still remember that!) I had my first ultrasound December 30th. He was 8wks & 6days. And had a nice very strong hb measured perfectly. He even wiggled!! I swear to this day u can see his winkie on that u/s,lol!!!

School was long and boring. But I got special treatment (got to eat and drink in class and steal everyones food) I enjoyed and loved my ever changing body. I found out March 3rd I was having a boy.I couldn't decide on a name. Finally around 8 months I chose Izayah Charles. Charles being after my Uncle Charles who passed away in 2002. He was the strongest and greatest man I have ever known. So I felt it only right to name my son after him.

At the end of the school year I was 7 months pregnant, the days went by slow for me. The last 2 months really stretched. I had my baby shower on June 30th. By that time I was 35 weeks and so ready to pop!!

I had my last u/s July 6th. I was 36.2 weeks. He measured 6lbs 14 ozs. Pretty big they said he would be close to 9 lbs. And I'm doing this w/out an epidural? huh?,lol!! I was 1 cen. at 36 weeks. They stripped my membranes and nothing. He was head down and ready but I wasn't dilating anymore or thinning out. They scheduled my induction for August 1st. One day overdue.

The night of July 28th. I was sitting at my computer desk when I got up a gush of water trickled down my leg. I thought perhaps I peed on my myself because I got lots of pressure down there. I kept feeling like I had to pee. So I peed, I still felt the same. My mom was on the phone & cooking dinner. So I changed my undies and told my mom about it, she nearly drops the phone. She told me to get the hospital bag where leaving, its your water breaking. She almost forgot about the food on the oven, haha!!

So I arrive at the hospital with a big wet spot on the front and back of my pants, but hey I didn't care. The nurse used some of that little nitrize paper to see if it was my water and I remember her telling me if it turns blue it my water, well sure enough it did. I cried a little but really was smiling. I was about to be a mommy & finally get to see my little boy!!! I was still only 1 1/2 cm and abt 30% thinned but he was right there head down & ready meet the world!!

After 3 hours of not starting contractions on my own they started my on pitocin. Those contractions really picked up hard. I was panicky, squriming. I wanted to get out the bed but they wouldn't let me. After 11 hours of everyone telling to get the epidural because I needed I did. The nurse checked me before I got it I was 4 cm and 60 % effaced. After the epidural I finally got to sleep. I was extremely disappointed but my son as the only thing on my mind at this point. At 9:30 am the nurse came in and checked me again I was 8cm and 90% effaced. Ok almost there. She told me if I feel any pressure to let her know.

About 15 minutes later I felt pressure and tons of it!! They checked me I was 10 cms and 100% effaced all ready to go. There were 2 cnms in there. I started pushing at 10 am exactly. Once his head started to really show they told me to STOP pushing and wait for the doctor to come in. Ummm shouldn't he be in here anyways. I was so ready to push those ladies out. They were all chit chatting while I'm in pain. I swear that epidural didn't work I felt it all!! Once the doctor came in there I felt so much better. They told me not to push through contractions until he arrived-I did anyways, couldn't help it. The doctor asked me so how we doing and I remember saying oh get him out. The doctor said ok I'm leaving then-haha. I wasn't smiling.

They pulled up a mirror so I got to watch. I pushed a few more times and his head was out. Boy did I scream. Once they got done suctioning his nose and stuff I gave him one last big push and Izayah was born at exactly 11:00 AM weighing 8lbs 6ozs and 20inches long!!

I remember being spread eagle and screaming at them to give me my baby. They had to check him and clean him up first. I was in pure ecstasy. I didn't even feel them pull the epidural out. I was in love like never before!! Once they handed him to me I just fell in love all over again. I just couldn't stop staring he was so beautiful, staring right back at me. I was on cloud 9. I will never forget that day.

I was 16 years old when I had my first baby. It was beautiful. He helped me grow up. I got my life right on track. He is my little miracle baby. Izayah truly did save my life!!

I had my next child Aubrei at 18 and Landen at 19. We are gonna be having our 4th baby July 21st.
I wouldn't trade it for anything or anybody in this world. Because they are my world.

He was 8lbs 6 ozs and 20 inches long born at 11:00 am on Saturday July 29th,2006!!

Thank youmisfitnm 4 my siggy. PRO-LIFE mommy!! 4 month ECB milestone!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search