Thomas's Birth Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
tuesday, sept 6th 2005, i started having contractions @ 2:30am woke up, pooed, back to sleep same at 330am at 430 same thing but i stayed awake and posted in my DDC until around 9a when the contractions were about 3-7 minutes apart, tom then called the dr. (i was too busy pooping ) he told me to come on in, well i get to the drs office (9:30-45a), he checks im already 5-6cm!!!!!! they tell me to go to the hospital by the time every thing is set up and all, it was 10:30ish and the contractions were pretty painful but still not too bad, i kept thinking i could still be home, this is going to take forever LITTLE DID I KNOW! around 12:00 i was 8-9cm and everyone was trying to convince me to get the epidural i was really in pain, and screaming with each contraction at one point i did throw up, grossest part ever! by 12:45pm it was in LOL i couldnt do it anymore, at 1:15 i was at a 10, (i was thinking wth was the point of the epi then) then the lovely nurse i had let me rest before i began to push, at 1:50pm i started pushing, while pushing, all i kept thinking was DO NOT POO ON THE TABLE! and i didnt i think i was more focused on that than pushing the baby out, since pushing literally felt the same as going poo at2:43pm, little thomas came with a few little cries, he was place on my stomach and looked directly at me, i was in shock! the nurse took him and within a few minutes my dr was getting the placenta and stitching me up (i had a small epesiotmy{sp???}) while he was doing that i was taking pictures of tom with the baby LOL! his apgars were 9 and 9, the pediatrition said he is absolutly perfect, he has had a few issues with latching on, but nursing is going great, but OUCH! my nipples hurt LOL, during his bath, he trying punching the nurse when she wet his head so i have been calling him slugger LOL he is so perfect and amazing, i still dont find it real! oh! and the nurses looked at the paper i was keeping the times of the contractions on, they say labore really started arounf 7:30am so that means i wasnt even in labor for 8 hours!!! i am so proud i stayed home so long, and everyone around me cannot believe this is my 1st child because i did so well! (had to brag LOL)

Thomas Harold, Jr.
September 6th, 2005
2:43pm
7lbs 6oz
20˝"

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 14th, 2006, 08:54 PM
hey just wanted to say that our little boys are born on the same day!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search