We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
It all started Sunday night, me and my boyfriend were watching a movie(Final Destination 3), and i felt a sudden urge to push, and i noticed the bed was a little wet. I remained calm and never thought it could be my water breaking because i always figured there would be so much fluid that i would know...ok this is it...anyways i called into Triage to find out what this could possibly be...and they instructed me to go in and get checked. I arrived around 11:30pm and they monitored the baby for about half and hour and said everything is ok, but i would have to wait to see the doctor before they could send me home. So i spent the night in Triage with my boyfriend listening to ladies in labour..and i got REALLY scared @ that point, and never slept. Women came in and out of Triage to get checked, some even went on to have their babies...and there was me, on my little bed, not feeling no pain or anything, wondering why is my bed not being given up to someone who would more need it. The doctor finally became available to check me around 10am the next day, he did a internal first and said i was 2-3 cm and that i should be having the baby that same day, and to stay there. By this time i was like ok...wow..its finally happening....well hours passed, still no pain, nothing....another doctor came in and checked me and said i was still 2-3 cm and that he would most likely send me home to come in later on, but that because of the fluid leak they had to make sure it wasent my water breaking...which ding ding ding...it turned out to be...so he basically said you're not going nowhere...and because your labour has not started, we should be sending you to labour and delievery to be induced...Throughout the day they sent me on hour walks, everything, to try and waste time..because there were no beds available. Finally around 6pm i got a room and started on pitocin...it took about an hour and a half for the contractions to begin....i tried to go as long as i could but at about 10:30pm, i asked for an epidural because i felt so weak i just wanted to sleep..before the epidural i was 4cm dialated....i got a new nurse inbetween that time; she checked me @ about 12:30pm and said i was now 7-8 cm.....during which the contractions began up again...i didnt really say anything because i figured this was just the pressure i was feeling...but the sensation kept coming stronger and stronger....i remember touching my lower back and actually feeling the head there...i started getting nervous at that point....then the pressure started to become so intense i called the doctor and told her i feel to push....thats when they set everything up...and i started pushing from that point....i felt EVERYTHING....the nurse suggested i probably didnt get enough dosage of epidural depending on how much pitocin i was still receiving....all in all it took 20 mins to push her out, and once i heard that little scream i felt a relief that shes ok and shes out(as much as i wanted her to come out sooner, being overdue with her made me feel alot better of her outcome)...i ended up getting a few stitches..but they're healing very well, the bleeding has lessened so much within these few days, and the breastfeeding is starting to get better finally....now i get to enjoy my baby girl Deja Faye!!!