Jordan Cary Bauer

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2006, 09:20 AM
jordan's mommie
My EDD was June 7, 2006.

I went to the my dr for my 33 week appointment to check out everything...making sure everything was alright. Come to find out I was already 4 cm dilated! I asked her if I needed to go homebound yet and she told me no, that I should be able to finish out the school year which ended on the 24th of May. Well I went back to school for about another week until the nurse saw me and asked what I was still doing in school. She saw that I had really bad swelling in my ankles. She called my dr. and told her that she was going to put me homebound regardless to what she says. I went homebound in about my 35 week of pregnancy. When I went back in to the doc. to get another check up, she decided to induce me the next morning b/c I was at about 5-6 cm.

I went in to the hospital at 5am to be induced. When I got there they had to put me in a recovery room b/c all of the L&D rooms were full. They didn't induce me until around 7:30am. My DBF drove me to the hospital half asleep. It was his graduation day (from hs)!!! Well anyways, Matt (DBF) stayed with me through the whole thing. I started having contractions around 8-8:30am, but they were mild. They didn't get really bad until around 10:30-11am. I planned on a med-free birth...what was I thinking? Well it didn't happen. Ended up getting the epidural at 12:30, when I got moved to an L&D room. I just couldn't take the pain anymore, it hurt. . I couldn't take any naps in between, just wasn't tired so I stayed up and watched t.v. and some movies. When I told LDN that my epidural was starting to wear off, she called someone in to put some more in me. The guy that did it put WAY to much in my I.V. I was completely numb, couldn't feel anything for about 2-3hrs...seriously. Well anyways, the nurse asked me around 4ish if I could feel anything, I said yeah, I can feel alot. I started pushing around 4-4:15 (felt everything...epidural COMPLETELY wore off.) My ob/gyn came in at 4:20 and Jordan was already crowning . He finally came to see the world at 4:33pm!!! . Matt had to leave about 15-20min. after I gave birth so he could get ready for graduation. So overall, the labor wasn't that bad...it wasn't until I had to push that I felt everything. Jordan was 9lbs 3oz, 20 1/4 in., and was born on May 26, 2006. 5 days before DBF and I one year anniversary, on my step-dad's and cousin's b-day, and on Matt's graduation day. So Jordan was officially daddies little graduation gift!!

Sorry, I can't really write stories, but I tried my best to describe my L&D. Sorry if it is so choppy, I tried
October 3rd, 2006, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Never to late for a congrats
October 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search