Alexa Madison

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2006, 02:31 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Since my dad is holding her and wont give her up, I have some time so I figured Id post my birth story while it was still fresh!!!

I started getting contractions at about 11:00 PM on Thursday night. They were about 5 minutes apart. I waited a few hours, thinking they would probably go away. I tried falling asleep, but couldn't bear the pain, so I decided to stay up. I woke up my mom, and then took a quick shower. We headed to the hospital around 4:00 AM. When I got there, I was 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced and my b/p was pretty high. So they decided to admit me. At about 11:00 AM, the pain got worse so I got my epidural. Then my contractions were starting to get very irregular, so they gave me some Pitocin. The baby wasnt responding to the Pitocin good at all, I was having contractions that were lasting 3 minutes, so they took me off of it. I dozed off and got a few hours of sleep through the contractions. When I woke up, they were about 1 minute apart. They checked me and I was 5 1/2 cm dilated and still at a -3 station. Then about 3 minutes later I started feeling the need to push soo bad, so they checked me again. I was fully dilated and her head was engaged!!!! But then her heartrate dropped suddenly and I was starting to get very dizzy. They put me on oxygen and started prepping for delivery. When I started pushing at 3:00 PM, I then realized how much I was in for and how much I just wanted everything to be over with. It was pain like I never felt before!!!!!! OUCH. The pressure and the feeling of needing to push was unbearable. I was SCREAMING at the top of my lungs and crying!!!!!!!!!!! An hour and a half later, Alexa Madison was born weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces. She was 20 3/4 inches long. I could not believe she was here, I was so emotional. Keith was bawling his eyes out too. I ended up needing a 4th degree episiotomy. It took them an hour to stitch me up, and they wouldnt even let me hold my baby until it was over I had to stay an extra day in the hospital because of swelling, but they released me Xmas Eve!!! So now I have my baby for Christmas

December 25th, 2006, 02:58 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow hun! Sounds pretty painful but I know it was all worth it! Congrats!!! She's beautiful!!

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

December 26th, 2006, 12:28 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
How special a christmas gift! that stinks about the 4th degree epsiomity. i had a 2nd degree one, staying in the hospital stinks

January 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brought tears to my eyes! That was beauitful hun!
I am so happy that Alexa is here!
January 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aw Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search