Baby Nikolaus

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
irhungary1988's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sunday night I was feeling really nauseaus and dizzy. I told my mom the next day and she called my doctor. I got in the shower while waiting for him to call back-which he ended up doing within the first few minutes I was in there. He said that I had to go in immediatly.

I went in and my blood pressure was 148/100 so he sent me across the street to L&D to have it monitered every 15 minutes for two hours. When that time was up, he came in and told me that he didn't feel comfortable with me going home even though it went down. He was afraid it'd go back up so he moved my induction date (which I didn't even know I had) from Thursday to Tuesday at 12 am.

My mom called my dad and told him and then went home and packed my things.

My mom came back with my dad because he didn't know where the hospital was but she had to wait for him to get off work.

I was moved from the monitering room to the delivery room at around 7 pm. I ate dinner and stayed awake until midnight. After the nurse came in and put the pill into my cervix, I asked for something to help me relax and sleep. I got that and the antibiotic for the GBS.

At 6 am the Pitocin was started and at 7, my OB came in and broke my water. Feels weird having warm water run down your leg.

I was asleep most of the day but I knew my sister and dad were there because they were poking at me and talking to me.

At around 12, the nurse came in and asked if I wanted an epidural. I told her not yet because the contractions weren't really bad. My OB came in at 1230 and ordered one to be started. I'm glad because at that point, the contractions were worse. Way worse.

It was started by a female anesthesiologist. Poor her. I snapped at her.

It worked for two hours and started to wear off in my left hip. There was a constant pain that got worse with each contraction. Another dose was ordered but the guy anesthesiologist squirted some on my face by accident. It squirted out when he took the cap off. He put what was left in the line and wanted to see if that'd work. No luck. My OB came back and said I had to have another one. The line was pulled out and another one was redone.

It was put mid-back because of my spina bifida in the tailbone. I wasn't told at which point in my back it started just the general area. My hands were tingly and the skin on my neck felt numb.

I slept until I got the big pressure feeling in my pelvis. I told my mom to get the nurse to check me because I didn't feel right. She came in and I was 9 1/2 cm. For five minutes I felt like I had to bm which I really did because it started to come out.

I then got the urge to push and I told my mom to get the nurse again. I was checked and I was ready to go.

I got to push a little to make him crown and my mom got to see. By the way, everyone was in the room.

I had to wait to push until my doctor got there to catch.

I had a lovely episiotomy and I could tell because I suddenly felt myself get all jell-o like down there.

After he came out, they set him on my chest and wiped him up then took him off to the table to get checked and suctioned and oxygen and what-not. Then I got to hold him for a bit before he left for the nursery.

I scared five years out of a nurse's life (or so she says). I got up before the epi wore off completely and had my mom help me to the bathroom. The nurse came in freaking out. I didn't fall or anything. I could feel my legs enough to walk. The only thing I couldn't feel was my hips.

Baby Nikolaus was born at 1602 on 27 Feb., 2007.

At the same time another lady gave birth.

I had to be there for 48 hours and so did the baby. The next day, I was walking Niko around and found out I was the only one with a boy. Like when my niece was born, she was the only girl.

There was a girl two doors down that I knew from the hospital I was in three years ago.

We couldn't go down one hall because the nurse said that there was a contact risk patient there. Come to find out, it was a friend of mine. Her daughter had Rotovirus and was coming out of stomach surgery.

I got to see her son for the first time and she saw mine through the nursery window.

That is my birth story.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waTnHuW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
Aww
How does it feel having him here now???

March 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM
iSarcastic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to iSarcastic Send a message via Skype™ to iSarcastic
Congrats again!

Krystal(25) married to David and proud mommy of "wildchild" Jaidyn
March 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM
oweyma309's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to oweyma309 Send a message via MSN to oweyma309
Aww you had a good labor!! Im happy for you that everything went well and little Nick is here safe and sound.

</div>
March 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
congrats mama!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
irhungary1988's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominique-it feels good. Just have to get him out of his bili light and his thrush cleared up.

Thanks gals. It was quick for a first time baby and almost painless.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waTnHuW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 5th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Rachel09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel09
AWE Congrats!! Sounds like a great birth story. I bet it feels so awesome holding him in your arms and just staring at him knowing he is actually here!!! Congrats again Dee!

Loving every bit of it. TTC our 4th in Dec 08! (Hoping for a girl, but I will take either!)
March 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats
March 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
stephc's Avatar Veteran
Aw. Congrats!
March 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aww I'm happy.. well it better be painless with all that epi LOL. Mine wasn't painless but it's all well worth it isn't it? I just can't believe he's here.. all that waiting.. wow.. he's HERE now. Everything's changing.. pretty soon Dontae will be here too

March 5th, 2007, 10:48 PM
conley1988
congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search