Dakota Jacqueline

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2007, 08:18 PM
stephc's Avatar Veteran
Heyy I'm sorry this is so late..

The start:

Okay so I got up at like 5:30 having contractions and I felt like I had to pee so I went to the bathroom and oeed.. Lol.. Then went back to bed.. Got up again at like 6 or 6:30.. with the same thing.. went to the bathroom but this time I didn't pee.. but I felt like i had to so I kept going back to the bathroom.. nothing happened.. So I went back to bed.. couldn't really sleep.. But I finally got up again at like 6:45 - 6:50.. and I went to Brie's room and told her.. and said "Should I get mom?".. she said she didn't know.. So I waited then I knew I had to go get my mom up.. I went to her room and told her.. but she didn't think it was the real thing until I could move from her doorway and I was like in tears.. So she jumped outta bed.. then I went and told Brie that we were leaving.. We left a little after 7.

On the way to the hospital:

So everyone got ready.. I didn't care just went how I was.. So we get in the car.. we are on our way.. and my mom was like "It's early so I am stopping at Timnie's".. I was like omg!.. So here I am not sitting straight.. kinda sitting sideways.. And I was like freaking on my mom. I was like "Let's go!".. So we finally start on our way to the hospital.. And I'm still sitting sideways.. Haha

At the hospital:

I checked in and the ladie at the desk was like what can I do for you.. and I really wanted to be like "Are you dumb!?".. But I didn't.. I just told her I was pregnat and I knew it was the real thing.. So I get everything I need and whatnot.. Then I get in a wheelchair still sitting sideways.. They take me to the birthing suite.. Put me in a room (about 7:30 or so).. They kept me in there for a bit to hook up that thingy to my stomach.. Then my doctor checked me.. and I was still 1cm.. so my doctor left and my nurse asked if I wanted to go in the shower.. I said yes and so I went in the shower for an hour.. And I only got out because my nurse gave me Newbane (spelling?) And I thought I was going to fall asleep in the shower.. So I got out of the shower went back to my room(8:30 maybe) but I felt like I could sit down.. So I was just standing there.. My doula was there by now.. she came while I was in the shower.. anyway.. I was standing there with Andrea(my doula).. Brie had gone to get something to eat cause she thought I was gonna be here all day.. Anyway my doctor came back in and checked me.. I was 6-7cm.. and he then broke my water.. Alittle while later Brie came back up and my mom was like "You better get in there she's 6-7cm and they broke her water.".. Brie was like "REALLY!".. (I wasn't there for this but I was told).. Brie I guess thought everyone was lying to her.. She came into the room and was like.. "THEY BROKE YOUR WATER".. I was like umm yah.. Anyway.. I was laying there in pain and all of a sudden I felt like I had to push.. So I picked up the nurse button and I would stop pressing it.. My doula hand to take it outta my hand. Haha.. Anyway the nurse came.. And she asked what was up.. And I was like "I HAVE TO PUSH!!!".. So she checked me and I was 9cm (maybe 9:30).. And my nurse said it wasn't time yet.. But I kept feeling like I had to push.. Then it stopped.. And then I felt like I had to push again.. and I could help but push.. And the babys heart beat was going down to like the 50's.. So they gave me an oxygen mask.. Then my nurse checked me again I was still 9 but thin.. I asked where the doctor was and my nurse told me he was on his way.. So I was just laying there trying not to push(that was hard).. and I was trying to breathe in the oxygen and push at the same time so they didn;t know.. Hehe.. but that didn't work.. Then I was like "Where's the doctor!?".. And the nurse was like "He's on his way. He's coming from home." .. I was like "WHY DID HE GO HOME!?".. A few minutes or so later or so my doctor came.. and they had to get the vacuum(10:25 or so) out cause everytime I pushed the baby's heart beat was still going down to the 50's.. So they got out the vacuum I oushed for like 15mins or so and she was out!.. I held her for a few seconds then they took her to clean her off and the pediatrician came in, in normal clothes and I was like "Who's that random guy".. And they told me it was the pediatrician.. I was like ok.. Then I got stiched up and a few minutes later they put me in my new room.

It wasn't a walk in the park but it wasn't as painful as some people say it is.. And I'm so happy to have my baby girl now
June 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww! Congratss!!
June 8th, 2007, 07:43 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Great story...congrats again!

June 23rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
k i gotta add a few parts she left out! lol .. so first off..when i went back into her room from getting something to eat..i was really annoying her! but i was excited and jumping all over the place she kept telling me to shut up haha...anyway once it was time for her to push.i was freakin out! she looked scary like somethin off the exorcism of emily rose..im serious i never saw her face in so much pain! eek! thats a good birth control method so then they take the bottom half of her bed off to make room for the doc to get in there..and steph was like "WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY BED APART!!!!!!!!" and they were like so you can push you baby out! and she was like oh...so she pushed once and was like "IS IT OUT YET?!?!" (she had no idea how long it COULD take) but since the babys heartbeat kept dropping..which was terrifying by the way....they got the vacuum which steph mention....well the babys head was like smushed into the vacuum n here i am thinking omg her brains not gonna be ok but she was fine lol...i had to hold her right leg back..i think i was pushing just as hard as she was! ! .. so ne way i didnt think that whole head would make it out..but it did and then the rest came out really fast lol and it was sooooo weird and the first thing i asked was can i take pictures?!?! so i went picture crazy..and steph said "can i have the rest of my bed back now?" but they said no cuz she needed stitches lol...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
July 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
LOL Brie you shoulda told the story!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search