Introducing Logan Alexander

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2008, 01:26 PM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*Please bare with me if this is all over the place, I had to stop in the middle to tend to Logan*

On February 19th I woke up at 3am with bloody discharge that seemed in considerable amount, so I wake DH and tell him. He tells me to hold off and see if it stops. Of course I didn't like that answer and called L&D, they told me to go in immediately. So in we went, they monitored my contractions and they were pretty strong- although I wasn't really feeling them just yet. I was checked and told I was only dilated to 1cm, so to go home and come back when they are 3-5 minutes apart.
We went home and through out the day I began noticing the contractions more and more. They were getting more persistent and definitely stronger. Later in the afternoon I lost my mucus plug so DH and I again took the trip to L&D around 10pm- I was told yet again I was only 1cm dilated. I was given an ambien and sent home.
We arrived back home around 12am on the 20th. DH went straight to bed since he had work in the morning. I couldn't sleep at ALL. I was in soooo much pain and not the least bit tired- which I found strange because drowsy medications ALWAYS put me out for 8+ hours. By time DH woke up at 6:30am, I was contracting every 2-3 minutes and literally having to lay on the ground and rock myself they were so painful. I had an appointment with my doc for 11am but I just KNEW I wasn't going to make it that long. I told DH I wanted to go back and he told me to wait until 8:30. I said ok and went to my bedroom. Not even a minute later I was digging my knees and pounding my fists on my bed with another contraction and I walked back to the living room and told Anthony we needed to go NOW.
The drive to L&D was HORRIBLE, I kept getting one contraction right after the other with almost no time inbetween, I couldn't sit still. We finally arrived at the hospital and as we were walking through the parking lot, I tried dropping to my knees, I literally couldn't walk through it, my husband had to hold me up and then set me on a bench while he grabbed a wheelchair.
So we finally get to L&D and they get me into a room. My doc had just gotten on shift and came in to see how I was doing and to check me. After a 5 minutes- that felt like eternity- he finally got on with the exam and announced that I was 6-7 cms dilated and they needed to start an IV NOW.
They gave me pain meds through the IV but it didn't do a thing for the pain- it only made me feel REAL dizzy. A nurse came in when I was around 8cms and said the anesthesiologist was going to come and talk to me in a minute if I wanted an epidural. I went ahead and got it assuming I'd be waiting a long while to push.
I was given the epidural and within 45 minutes I was already dilated to 10, but Logan was still at station 2 and my water hadn't broken. So they broke my water, and sat my bed in a position to where I was sitting upright to help him descend.
Right around 12pm I started pushing. This was by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. He was having a difficult time coming under my pelvic bone, when he finally did I had this incredible shooting pain on my right side that lasted the rest of the delivery. The only thing that gave me even a slight relief was a really warm wet rag. I was sooo exhausted that I kept passing out in between contractions and when I would wake up to push I would just ask "How much longer?" . I threw up 2 or 3 times from all the strain, I felt like all the energy had been drained from my body. And then FINALLY around 4pm the doctor told the nurse to get the baby's doctors and my doctor (he didn't think I was going to dilate so quickly and ended up being in delivery when I started pushing- but he wanted to observe Logan being born.) to join us and I knew that I was FINALLY almost at the end. I don't know where it came from but I got this incredible strength and pushed as hard as I possibly could. The doctor told me that from then on she only wanted hard, 5 second pushes instead of 10 second.
We did that maybe 3 or 4 times and at 4:18pm we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Logan Alexander to the world. They placed him on my stomach and he just screamed his little head off- I honestly believe at that moment my heart completely filled. I have never felt more complete in anything that I've done with my life. Logan is my entire world. I didn't tear or have to be cut either thank goodness!!

Logan, 6 y/o, Gabriel 2 y/o, Aidan 7 m/o

February 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
That was a really interesting birth story!! Congrats again Logan is so precious

February 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww I love it hun! Thanks for sharing it

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

February 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Mummy_Boo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe