Gauge Alexander

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2008, 09:55 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
on March 13th we had to be at the hospital for 7 in the morning. when we got there they broke my water right away. It felt like a lot to me but apparently it didnt even pour onto the floor at all. Shortly after that they came in to give me my IV and start the pitocin. They said it would probably take a few hours to kick in. 20 minutes later i was feeling the pain and getting a little panicky! they said i could try the shower for a while so they put a baggie around my IV and in i went. It sucked because i really wanted to hold onto the one bar but i couldnt because of my IV . After being in there for what seemed like an hour i was screaming in pain. Contractions were every 2 -3 mintues. they came in and asked if i wanted a shot of something (demerol?) i said YES! so they put that into my hip and said it would take the edge off the contractions. It did NOTHING for me! I asked to go back to my bed so i did. They checked me and i was still only a 1-2 ! So i had to keep laboring for another couple of hours then i called them in and said check me now i want my epidural! i was only about a 3 they wanted me to be 3-4 but they went and told my doctor how much pain i was in and they let me have it early! Only the epidural guy took forever to get there he had to do another epidural first so i was getting really MAD! Everytime someone came in my mom was like FINALLY here they are then she would be like oh nope nevermind..i almost told her to shut up! so then he finally came to do my epi.. 5-6 hours AFTER my labor started! ouch! by that point my contractions were every minute to a minute and a half apart and the epi guy couldnt get it into my spine he was getting really frustrated and said "how high do you have that ###### pitocin turned up?!" and the nurse was like ill turn it down right now. so he had to poke me like 3 or 4 times till he got it right and i was really pissed because they kept telling me i couldnt move and had to stay perfectly still even tho i had so many contractions so close together! so finally it was in i had to lay on my right side for 10 minutes..it went completely numb and i could litterrally only feel pain on my left side! so they laid me on that side for 10 minutes and it went numb too! then i was a happy girl lol.

i didnt feel absolutely nothing tho...with every contraction i could feel the pressure of the baby comeing down..eventually i said get the nurse in here because im in a LOT of pain i felt nothing from the hips up but down tehre i could feel everything! except my legs so she checked and said i was a 8! then the contraction went away and she said nevermind your a 6 but a very stretchy 6! lol a short while later they checked again and i was a 9 and i had started to push i coudlnt help it the pressure was toooo much. i went to a 10 really fast tho.

the nurse told me to start pushing and i was like UM but my doctors not here yet i dont want to have the baby while hes not here! and she said oh hun it could take you hours and im like ok lady but im having this baby right now and i mean it...shes like well give it a try.

so i pushed and she looked at me with really wide eyes and said WOW you really bring that baby down with your pushes...she called in the other nurses to see and they were like WHOA they got me a mirror so i could watch. i LOVED having the mirror everytime i pushed i could see the babys head poke out a little more and it helped so much to see what i was doing because i would just push harder to get him out faster...sometimes i could feel him slide back up inside too it felt weird. eventually when i was pushing the nurse said OK im going to call your doctor right now because IM not delivering this baby! lol so i kept on pushign anyway the doctor got there really fast...he had a resident helping with the delivery.

i was pushing and the head came out a lot and i said hes not fitting! an the doctor was like i see that and he did an episiotomy..thank god i didnt feel it! i was really scared for the head to come out because i knew it would hurt...then it popped out and i screamed but that was my last scream of pain then the body just slid out and all i felt was relief! same with when the placenta came out it felt so nice to get it all out! my mom cut the cord because sean didnt want to.......they couldnt lay gauge past my belly button on my tummy because his cord was too short then i asked to see my placenta like i always planned to, it was awesome

the doctor forgot about the mirror and i started talking about what they were doing and saying it was ugly down there and he was like what?! then looked over and saw the mirror and flipped it away LOL i saw them do the freezing tho they said i tore on the inside and then they had to stitch where the episiotomy was so i have stitches in two spots

a couple hours later we wree moved to our recovery room.......i had to have a catheter in for two days because my swelling was so bad they didnt want me getting up to pee.......the first time i looked down there i almost screamed it was swelled up 4 times its normal size i couldnt believe it could get so big ! ouch! i couldnt sit either i had to lay the whole two days and gauge had to sleep in bed with me both nights because i couldnt get up to get him..

sooo gauge alexander kevin frost was born March 13th 2008 at 6:13 PM
he was 8 lbs 50z, 21 inches

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh well the stitches could explain the reason why you swelled. I swelled with 2 stitches...but not to bad, it went down the next day. Sounds like the pitocin with me...ugh mine overlapped so I was above a 90 on the montors the WHOLE time

But its all so worth it, I could only imagine the epidural guy getting frustrated, mine did lol but only because I moved to much
<div align="center"><div align='center'>KENDRA & JUNIOR</div><div align="center">MARRIED SINCE 10/24/2006</div></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SAMYERA CHARLEE-JO</div><div align="center">8/27/07</div><div align="center">5LBS 14OZ 19IN</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SHYLAH OLAVEE JORDYNN 9/14/08</div><div align="center">7LBS 13OZ, 20.5 IN</div><div align="center">BREASTFEEDING SINCE 9/14/08</div>
March 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
wow well done girl i bet it was worth every second xxx
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

March 19th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Mummy_Boo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, well done brie! He was born on my sisters birthday

Thankyou Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*
For My Beautiful Siggy
Thaya + Jasmin + Imogen =
My Heart, My Life, My Soul

March 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Maren
ugh pitosin sounds crappy oh well at least he is here now

Visit my blog to find out how you can earn amazon gift cards
As well as just updates from me on everything!
http://lifeasmaren.blogspot.com/

March 19th, 2008, 03:25 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww no wonder you were swollen!! Poor girl!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search