Alexander Grayson

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to admit, nothing went quite the way I'd expected or wanted, but I'm still happy with how it went in the end. After getting the OK to go to L&D for my induction, we arrived at the hospital at 7:30am. We were shown directly to our room, and I was hooked up to external monitors and got an IV (which took 2 tries, the first time it ended up against a valve and wouldn't work properly). At 8:30am they started the pitocin. They started out really low and ramped up slowly, so I was handling the pain just fine. They tested my blood sugar every couple hours, and though I wasn't abel to eat, I did have some juice to keep them up and for some energy. At noon the doctor came in, I was at 2cm and he was able to break my water. Things sped up from there, and by 3pm I was 4cm and asking for an epidural. I hadn't wanted one, but the contractions were coming right on top of each other, I'd start coming down from one, then start right up on the next, so I wasn't able to recoup at all. The epi went in without a hitch. They kept it so that I was able to feel that I was having a contraction, but it didn't really hurt at all, just felt a kind of pressure. So I spent the next couple hours snoozing. Boy would I need that rest! By 5pm I was 5cm, 7pm I was at 7cm. 8:30pm I was at 9cm and in quite a bit of pain again. The anesthesiologist came in and adjusted my medication, which brought me down from a lot of pain to some pain, and I was still able to feel to push. At 9:30 I was at 10 and started pushing. Two and a half hours of pushing later I was getting tired, and Alex seemed to be stuck right under my pelvic bone. The doctor came in and had a look and told me "Well, the plus is that you have a very strong pelvic floor, the minus is that it's not allowing the baby's head to come around that last curve, so I'd like to do an episiotomy and use forceps if necessary." I have to admit, by then I was just ready to be done, so I gave the OK. He gave me a small cut and Alex still wouldn't quite make it out, so he used forceps to guide Alex's head past my pubic bone, without actually pulling him out. One more push and I had my little boy! I tore during that last push, no big suprise since I had the episiotomy. Ouch. Alex's APGARs were 8 and 9 right away, and he had a serious case of cone head and a big bruise on his head from being stuck the birth canal for so long. His blood sugar numbers were great right away, and he didn't have any problems that were related to the GD. Alex was 8lbs 11oz, 21 3/4 inches. His weight has more to do with being past due than with the GD. The doctor said if he'd been born on time he'd have been about 7lbs. His head was 13 1/2 inches. I knew he'd be over 8lbs, but under 9, and I was right. One thing I have to say is that the staff at the hospital was WONDERFUL! The nurses and doctors I dealt with were all fabulous, I'm sure that's a big part of why I feel good about how things went, even though they didn't go the way I wanted them to.

</div>
May 25th, 2007, 01:00 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
The doctor wants to induce me if I don't get to doin' it on my own by my due date. I was just reading your post and wondering, did they have a hard time breaking your water? My doctor says I'm 1.5cm dialated and right now they couldn't break it...you said you were 2cm, so I was just wondering. I'm just trying to figure out how far I have to get before it'll work out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search