Period 10 days late then started bleeding week after period was over....

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2009, 11:45 AM
Newbies
Hi there. My name is Jen and I'm new here! I have a 9 month old baby girl named Ava. So I'm basically just curious to see if anyone has experienced this. My AF was due on the 25th/26th of December. I have been like clockwork so was kind of worried when it didn't show! It finally showed up on the 4th/5th of January and lasted for about 5/6 days with a pretty average flow..maybe a tad lighter. So on the 17th of this month I started bleeding again....Sunday was the heaviest with some light cramping. Today I only have a liner on...I did call my dr's office and spoke to his nurse. BTW-I have taken several HPT's (Monday being the last) and all negative. The nurse said that all she could think of was me being preggo and wanted to talk to my doc before having me come in for a blood test. So I'm very confused..I've never had period issues before so this is new to me. If anyone has had a similar experience any input would be fantastic! I'm on pins and needles...although I def would like another I wasn't exactly planning on having 2 in diapers! It is what it is....a blessing either way. Thanks so much
January 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you breastfeeding or have you recently weaned? How many cycles have you had since you had Ava?
January 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM
Newbies
Quote:
Are you breastfeeding or have you recently weaned? How many cycles have you had since you had Ava?[/b]

No I am not breastfeeding....All of my cycles have been normal since I got my first AF...My PP bleeding lasted for 12 weeks then my doc put me on the pill. I did that for 3 months then went off in August and everything has been normal since. I'm still waiting for the nurse to get back to me Thanks so much
January 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Are you breastfeeding or have you recently weaned? How many cycles have you had since you had Ava?[/b]
No I am not breastfeeding....All of my cycles have been normal since I got my first AF...My PP bleeding lasted for 12 weeks then my doc put me on the pill. I did that for 3 months then went off in August and everything has been normal since. I'm still waiting for the nurse to get back to me Thanks so much
[/b]

Ahhh! That probably explains it then! It's really common to have a few regular cycle after you discontinue the BCP, and then they get irregular for awhile after that - weird spotting included. Even though you weren't on it very long, your body has to go through a fairly big adjustment to sort itself out after you stop them - especially when you're post partum and hormones are still adjusting after pregnancy! It's a lot of hormonal confusion.

Spotting can occur when your hormones are rising and falling, for various reasons. It can happen when your body tries to ovulate, it can occur if your body attempts ovulation and fails to go through with it, at implantation, and for other reasons (like cysts). Unfortunately, many medical professionals don't really understand how fertility works beyond the basics (we got almost NO training on it when I was studying to become a nurse)...so usually pregnancy is their only guess. After that they are stumped! LOL If your blood work comes back negative, it's probably just from your body trying to ovulate.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search