Really need some answers.. can anyone help?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
kristile1's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristile1
Hi! I cannot find any answers anywhere. I am 24 yo female. One child, 2 years old and trying for another baby . I got off of my YAZ a little over a month ago. About 2 weeks after I was off I starting bleeding again. Reg period but 2 weeks early. Which started on Mar 13 ended on the 16th. Just a few days later I started noticing symptoms. A little sick and tired, Sciatic nerve pain and tender tummy. Since then I have had 7 NPT. Last night 3/28 I had to go to the ER. Unbearable pain in my lower abdomen. I found out that I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. They took blood which confirmed a neg preg result. Then they sent me to have an US. The US tech had me in there near an hour. And kept asking me "have you had a preg test done" "are you sure they did a preg test" It looks as though you should be bleeding now due to your cervix being thick but you arent. It looks as though you are 2 weeks into a pregnancy which is really just a couple of days he said. I laughed... Not at him but at the whole situation. I literally by my calculations should have ovulated starting around the 24th until the 28th or somewhere in there. So if this Tech is right can he have confirmed a pregnancy literally before implantation even occured? When does your cervix actually start to "thicken" up for pregnancy? Literally right away? Could he be accurate with his conclusion? His words were with the way your cervix is you should either be bleeding or about to start and you are neither so it is something we see with pregnancy. He wants me to retake a blood test if my period is not here by the 1st of April. I am really curious to know if this can be accurate. Did the US tech literally figure I am pregnant just days after conception and even before implantation? I asked the Dr. why my blood work would be neg. His response was that no HCG is actually detectable in your blood until implantation. So any words of advice? Any similar stories? Conclusions? Truths to all of this? Possibility that it can be true? When would I test pos on a HPT? Thank you for your time...
March 30th, 2009, 08:58 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If that tech thinks your pregnant and you really are but only conceived a couple days ago then he should go buy a lotto ticket! lol I've heard of people going in at around 4 weeks and having a confirmed blood test and US techs thinking they weren't pregnant since you can't see anything. Just because your cervix is thicker doesn't mean you're pregnant. If conception would've only ovulated on or around the 24th then you'd have to wait at least 4-14 days after that before implantation could take place and then it takes a couple days for the hCG to build up for it to show up positive on a blood test or an HPT. I would suggest waiting until at least the 7th or 8th to take an HPT but even then that could be too early if you are pregnant. Good luck hun and keep us updated!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 31st, 2009, 05:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is part of why techs aren't supposed to talk about things like that. They aren't trained to interpret the tests, just to run them. Plus he clearly doesn't know anything about the female reproductive system. The cervix can appear thick for so many reasons. How does he even know that yours doesn't always look like that? Sheesh!

March 31st, 2009, 07:20 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to laugh at your tech, hun, there's absolutely no way he could have known just from that! If your blood test was negative then it's likely to be correct. You might be implanting soon of course, there's really no way of knowing, but I agree with Colleen that if he's giving you a psychic reading via your cervix then he needs to turn his skills to predicting the lottery!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

March 31st, 2009, 08:20 AM
HAHA if I am pregnant.. I am going to have that tech buy ME a lotto ticket too! Your right, what if my Cevix looks that thick all the time? His words were that I looked as if I should be menstrating and I was not or was not about to... I talked to a Dr. yesterday and I have an Appt with an OB tomorrow. So... We will see. I still have yet to get AF. I feel a little crampy but I think that is from the ruptured cyst still. I never crave anything... Last night I squeezed jelly into a Peanut Butter jar and ate all of it HAHA. My husband was kind of freaked out knowing that I am usually not like that. But again that could all be in my head. I dont like not knowing. But to think if I am... That I knew that soon. AHHHHHHH This will be a long 40 weeks With my daughter (Keira 27 months) I knew 13 days pregnant. So... Almost 4 weeks into the pregnancy. I thought I felt pregnant forever with her can you imagine! I am hoping that I am. I just dont know if I want to take any tests yet. I dont want to get myself worked up if it is to early and get a NPT. I will update once I see the Dr. tomorrow. I am going to try to wait to test until around the 7th. Thank you so much... Fingers crossed!

One thing I forgot is that my BBT has been up since the 23rd from 97.2 to 98.3 and is still up there as of yesterday when my Primary care Dr. Check my stats.

Last edited by kristile1; March 31st, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
March 31st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Prettymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As far as the ruptered cyst goes, I had one of those a few years ago, and let me tell you it was the most painful thing ever (well besides my C-section recovery!). I was rushed to the ER b/c I was on the floor in pain and could not even walk. They found out the cyst was bleeding into my body. They had to hook me up to IV drip of moriphine for the night at the hospital until the bleeding in my body stopped b/c it was so terribly painful. I'm glad yours was not like that, as I felt like I was dying!

Hopefully you will get a BFP!!!

March 31st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Oh my god. I cannot even imagine that. Im so sorry to hear you went through that. I have to tell you it was painfull but I never imagined that is what the pain was from seeing as I have heard more stories like your own about how bad it was. How long did it take you to recover? I am still tender and it is 2.5 days later. The fluid is still there. But im just a little crampy now. They said that they did not see anymore so that is good. they also told me that was a sign that I was ovulating again. They think that about 4 weeks ago when I ovulated an egg was released but not fertilized in which it formed a sac on my ovary that became the cyst. So if I ovulated again as in this month around the 23rd til the 28th could I still concieve while I had this cyst?

Again I am sorry to hear of that. I dont wish that on my worst enemy. MEN do not know how easy they have it HAHA! Ever since my first child I cannot even tell you what my body has been through. I am so physically worn out... I would not take anything back seeing as I have my baby girl but JEEZ when do we get a break? LOL
March 31st, 2009, 10:27 AM
This is killing me... I want to run out and buy a test now. But I think if I am it is still way way to early. I have an appt tomorrow but I have a feeling if they do a urine test it will still not show a pos. How sensitive are the urine tests that a Dr. would use? More sensitive than a store bought test? Should I just wait?

628 pm yes so i took one... Neg. but i will try to wait not until the 7th... lets see if i can...
1 PM on apr 2nd NEG again JEEZ I need to just wait til the 7th haha help me wait.
7 AM on the 3rd BFN

Last edited by kristile1; April 3rd, 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Tags
am i , cervix , hcg , pregnancy , ultra sound

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search