implantation?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 10:22 PM

so, it all started yesterday morning. i woke up with a bad stomachache, went to the bathroom, and then felt better. (although it was diarrhea - sorry, i know that was too much info!) since i was feeling better, i went into work with no problem... until a couple hours later, i started to get a stomachache again. i went to the bathroom again, but it did not help. my stomachache would not go away, and it started to feel like i was going to get my period because i started getting mild cramps. luckily, my boss offered to let me go home early, so i took advantage of this opportunity. i went home, went to the bathroom a few more times, and then took a nap, hoping to sleep my cramps away... it didn't work. my cramps were worse by then. i didn't even want to eat, but i forced myself to. my stomach was making horrible gurgling noises, and i kept forcing myself to sleep, to make myself feel better because not even ibuprofen could make these cramps go away.

i didn't sleep well, although i did get a lot of sleep last night. i felt a bit better today, although i am still having cramps. it was worse earlier, but has calmed down a lot tonight. i was still tired this afternoon, though, even with all the sleep and napping i got yesterday, so i took a nap again this afternoon. i'm just glad i was not having to run to the bathroom all the time, like i was yesterday.

at first, i was really doubting that this could be pregnancy, especially when i was having the diarrhea. i thought maybe it was just something that i had eaten, or that maybe i was getting the flu... but, the cramps are what have changed my thinking. i did not keep track of the exact dates my boyfriend and i have had sex over the past month, although it's all been unprotected.

does what i am experiencing sound anything like implantation from pregnancy? or would this even be too early? i have a normal cycle, and i started my last period on the 6th, so i'm not even expecting my next period for another two weeks or so. when i started having these cramps, it felt like my period was going to start at any time, but i knew that it wasn't possible, considering the timing is so early.

my first thought would be that maybe it's just ovulation? because i DO get light cramps when i am ovulating, along with some discharge, but, on the other hand, i have never felt strong cramps like these during ovulation before, and i have had a lot more discharge this month, as well, especially in the past week. i know it's not an infection because it is clear/white, like normal discharge, there's just a lot more of it.

i want to take a pregnancy test so bad, but i know that it's way too early, and that even if i am pregnant, it would probably still come back negative because of how soon it is. did anyone else out there experience something like what i am going through before they found out they were pregnant? for those of you that had implantation cramps, what was it like for you? please help! the curiousity is killing me, and i need some other people's views/opinions to help ease my mind!
April 23rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Regular
My last period was the 6th too! I feel your pain waiting. My issue is it's my first cycle off bcp so it could be from that, but I've had stomach cramps for 3 days, migraine yesterday, thirsty all the time, nauseous, dizzy, hot, getting zits, and my boobs tingled and feel full! Why can't time fly by quicker? I know we had sex 3 times close to ovulating, so it's just a matter of waiting now. When are you planning on testing? we're going to wait until the 29th, and then May 3rd again if negative the 29th.
May 4th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Regular
how are you kayjay? did you test yet or do you know either way? I'm pregnant! Due Jan 11. Got my pregnant on digital this morning! Hope you are too!!!!
May 4th, 2009, 01:30 PM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I too have been experiencing cramps for a few days off and on, but they come and go.

I have some tummy troubles too, though (I have celiac disease and IBS) so sometimes when I have flare-ups (aka the actual stomachaches) I get the runs and similar cramping too. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the cramps are from a period, 'the runs' and I bet even implantation (I'm up for testing this weekend, I'm in the 2 week wait

Though I wouldn't rule it out as implantation pain (which usually happens after ovulation, about 7 days) it does sound like maybe you were sick with a bug. Hope that helps. Get well soon, being sick with cramping is no fun . Make sure to drink lots of water, because if you are preggers, you'll need the extra fluids (pregnant women can dehydrate faster too, so I've read).

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

May 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM
HI Kayjay,
I had almost the same symptoms as you the day after I had sex and I was fertile that day. I had diarrhea, fever, body ache especially my back, fever, and I was vomitting as well. My stomach flu or whatever it was went on for 5 days at least. I was bleeding 4 days after sex... only when wiped on and off for a few hours. Then gone. Another longer light red bleeding was 8 days after sex. That lasted for one day. Then gone... That was at least one week or more before my next period. And on my supposed period, I had nothing. Just rusty brown blood only when wiped after urination or bowel movement. That lasted for 4 days. But no period. I took 3 HPT, the last two was today and negative... So, I don't know what is going on.

Tags
implantation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search