Could i be pregnant?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
OK so here's what's happening...i have a 6 yr old son. And my hubby and I decided we wanted to start trying again. I went off the pill 3 months ago but we didnt reach the decision to start trying until the 18th of this month. I was and am not expecting to concieve this month.....my AF since off the pill has remained the same 28 day cycle...my last was march 27....so i was expecting AF on the 23 of April. It has still not come. Now we did have unprotected sex on the 18th...but according to the ovulation calculators and my 28 day cycle date....the 18th would have been too late to concive. Yet i still have not got my AF. So i am now 6 days late. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! Thanks everyone!!!
April 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Veteran
Have you tested yet? I would def try and test. I'm not too good with the whole ovulation dates thing (I am a newbie myself), so maybe someone eles can help with that. But I do know that sometimes some women ovulate late in their cycle. My best advice is to try and test. Good luck & keep us posted!

April 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
No i have not tested yet...and with my son he was a surprise i have never kept track of any of that charted or anything....so I am not sure. I want to test but i dont know if it would be too soon...or too early becuase the earliest it could have happend is the 18 and it's only the 28th. Thanks for your help
April 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
MissLion's Avatar Super Mommy
It's possible you ovulated late in your cycle. Another possibility is that your cycles aren't yet regulated from being off the pill. Some ladies take quite some time to get regulated. But, if it would ease your mind, try taking an FRER with FMU. If you're 6 days late it would be possible to get a positive test by now.

Good luck and keep us posted!

April 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
but if i did ovulate late conception could not have occured until the 18th or later.....so would it not still be too early to detect in the urine at this point...i mean implantaion sometimes takes a while dosnt it...and then after that it would show. I am not too stressed or worried...as i said i though it would be too late for this month....so i though we would be actually starting next month....but then this....so this will make it even harder to figure out when im ovulating.
April 28th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Veteran
Yeah I agree with MissLion. But if you don't want to test now then wait a week I guess and hopefully by then you would get your answer. I'm in the same boat you are, waiting for my period or a positive HPT. Good luck!

April 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well I might get a test soon....but i am thinking maybe this weekend....thanks for all your help...any other would be appreciated...thanks everyone!
April 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
i o'd late in my cycle i usually o on cd 10 r 11 and i o'd cd17 so i know not to be expecting my period on the 29th like i assumed i would. if i wasnt charting i'd never knew and i would have been expectin af and when she wouldnt have come i'd been thinking i was preg but i would have been getting bfn cuz it was to early so thank god i chart!
April 29th, 2009, 06:54 AM
When i got pregnant with my son...i was young and on the pill while taking an antibiotic...i was not aware that decreased the effectivness of the pill. And that was almost 7 years ago...and we just decided to try again for another....so i dont really know anything about charting....and knowing when I O. Except what i have learned since looking into it the past couple of days. So i have no idea if i o'd late...or if i have o'd yet. Or if i o'd then and am pregnant...all i know is accordign to my normal cycle i should have O'd well before the 18th....but then i would have also had AF by now....right??? So now I am not too sure!?
May 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
I know the last time I got off the pill, and got preggers with my youngest, the first month off it I O'd a couple days later than I should have (should have been the 10th and was the 12th instead). I tested at 13 DPO (or 15 if you count from the day I "should" have O'd) and it was . So TEST.. good luck to you hun!!

Tags
pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search