I need help please!

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2009, 12:58 PM
OK, so here are the symptoms:

Nausea
Headaches
Increased appetite
Occasional cravings
Tiredness (at the time I first started noticing symptoms)
Lower backache
Nipple tenderness
Increased urination
Minor constipation
Heartburn (at the time I first started noticing symptoms)
Feeling uncomfortably hot
Some trouble getting to sleep & staying asleep
Sensation of movement, very similar to that I felt with my son

All of these symptoms are very much like those I had with my son. But, here's the catch: I currently have Mirena (although the strings feel VERY high up, and I'm not sure if they're supposed to be that high). I've taken 4 HPTs all of which are negative. I know that it's unlikely then that I would be pregnant, but Mirena doesn't explain the sensation of movement and kicking in there. And I'm not making it up in my mind - I know that, too. I have an appointment July 31 to go see the doctor about having Mirena pulled and they offered to do a test there. Still..I'm worried that if ANOTHER urine test comes up negative, and I would be pregnant, what could happen. I'm so lost and confused and worried right now. Dont' get me wrong, even though it would kill us financially, I would love another baby - they're such blessings from God. But how do I know if I'm pregnant or not? I feel like it - but Mirena does cause pregnancy symptoms, just not the kicking. And I've read a lot online about women not only getting pregnant on Mirena, but also having false negatives on HPTs with it. So does anyone have any stories that relate to what I'm going through and how did they turn out? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
July 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think it is possible that you could be pregnant. Women do get pregnant on Mirena sometimes. Has your period been pretty regular?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
I think it is possible that you could be pregnant. Women do get pregnant on Mirena sometimes. Has your period been pretty regular?
Nope. I was on the pill before this and my cycle was like clockwork. With Mirena, I was nursing when I first had it put in, so I didn't think anything of it when I didn't get a period. I never got a period until about 4 months after I quit breastfeeding. It lasted two weeks, quit for a week, then came back for a week. Ever since then, I'll go forever without one, and then I'll bleed for a day or two, or a week, and then I'll go forever without another one.
July 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
Pattyandthemoss: Why do you ask about the regularity?

Tags
kicking , mirena , movement , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search