Question about how being sick can affect ovulation

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2009, 08:54 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had the flu at the beginning of the month. I started my period the day I came down with the flu, which was 2 days early. I never start early, but figured with how sick I was it was normal. My period then lasted 9 days. Normal is 4, so this was unheard of. And it was 9 days of actual bleeding. Because of this I figure my ovulation might be all messed up. I usually ovulate day 13-15. I am wondering if getting over the flu can delay ovulation? If so, how much would it be delayed? I am wondering because I figured I had ovulated normally (I was on vacation on not paying much attention), so DH and I BD without any precautions like we normally do the last few days before AF. However, I have been having burning and discomfort in my boobs off and on all week, as well as increased hunger and moodiness. I sometimes get sore bbs a few days before AF, but they don't burn. Usually it is just tender nipples when I touch them. I also have been waking up in the middle of the night to eat sometimes and feeling more tired. And the past couple days have been very gassy and having heartburn. My stomach is being finicky (nauseous off and on especially when hungry, certain foods unappealing). I didn't think anything of it. But now am wondering. A few days ago I was feeling AF like cramps, which was about a week early for me. I felt like AF was coming any second off and on throughout the day. The cramps have lessened though, which never happens until AF starts. Has anyone ever experienced ovulation being delayed by a week or so after being sick? Thanks:-)
August 29th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Being sick can definitly affect your ovulation.
August 30th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there!

Being sick can definitely affect ovulation. It can delay it by a few days or a few weeks - it can depend a lot on the person.

How many days ago did you have unprotected sex, honey? is your period already late? If so you might want to take a test now, and if it's negative you should retest every few days or week until your period shows up.

Please keep us updated

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 30th, 2009, 09:30 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due to start 8/31 so I'm not late yet. It's been 9 days since the earliest we had unprotected sex so if I don't start tomorrow then I will test. I don't think I am pregnant, but I just had a weird feeling the other night that maybe I ovulated later then normal and there's a small chance I could be pregnant. My normal PMS symptoms started way earlier than normal and some of them have been more severe so that's why I was wondering.
August 31st, 2009, 02:08 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keep us posted when you test, honey. Being sick might also be why your PMS signs have arrived early - it could have really messed with your cycle this month x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search