Cramping 4-5 DPO

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hey--I'm pretty sure I ovulated on Tuesday or Wednesday, making today 4 or 5 DPO. Yesterday, I had cramping in my uterus ALL day (sometimes a stronger cramp, but mostly a dull achiness) It has continued today, and has moved into my lower back too. It feels just like I'm getting ready to start my period! I've heard of women saying they felt this way right before they got a BFP, but that was later on past ovulation, closer to when they would miss their period.

What do you think? I know they say it takes about a week for the fertilized egg to get to the womb, and if that's always true, I'm too early for that. But what is with the cramping? Could my body somehow "know"?

PS--We did the BD on Sat. Mon. Tues. and Wed. so we were definitely covered as far as the swimmers were concerned!
September 21st, 2009, 05:07 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
This sounds EXACTLY like how I was feeling on 4-5dpo! I got my BFP at 8dpo. The cramping was a HUGE indicator for me, because I never cramp like that unless AF is literally coming in a few hours, and when she didn't show after three days of cramping, I was like, "Okay, I'm testing TODAY." LOL!

And I know the egg can implant sooner than a week, because of my early BFP! Once I got that BFP, I felt that it was confirmed that the cramping I felt was definitely implantation.

So I have high hopes for you! I hope this is your !!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
September 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM
I had this exact feeling too around the same time. However I just had two days of bleeding and my Hcg level was done on Thursday and gave me a result of 6. So basically, I think I had a chemical pregnancy. Im not saying that wont happen to you... but you really need to wait it out and not get too excited yet.
September 21st, 2009, 06:25 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had major cramping around 5dpo and again at 8dpo last cycle. I got my BFP at 10dpo.

I have a history of miscarriage and that pregnancy too ended that way. Now I am 6dpo again and all day yesterday I had the same cramping. I have a strong feeling I am going to see two lines again this month.

I hope you get your BFP soon! Good luck

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 21st, 2009, 12:43 PM
sblades19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started cramping immediately...I noticed it with # 2 cause our first was a surprise...I didn't test til I was 2 weeks late but I had been cramping so I figured AF was coming but sure enough I was PG...so when DH and I TTC for # 2, I started cramping right away...on my right side...and I remember I was having a beer one night and I couldn't drink it...which is what made me decide to test with my son. LOL So then I tested and found out I was PG with my daughter. Next symptom was boobie pain...tingling around nipples and pain around armpits...
September 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks ladies! Today is Monday, 6 dpo, and I am still having the cramping. It went on all day Saturday, most of Sunday, and most of today. When I say cramping, I don't mean like extremely painful, but more of a dull achy cramp. Today it has been off and on, mostly down low, right above my pubic bone, in the very center of my uterus.

Now, today is 6 dpo, but mind you, this all started on Saturday, which was FOUR DPO!!! How in the stinkin world could the cramping be from implantation?! Could it possibly happen THAT early?!!!

Thanks!
September 21st, 2009, 01:21 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard a LOT of ladies getting cramping throughout the 2ww when they are pregnant. That happened with my youngest, too! So it could be a very good sign for you. I hope this means your BFP is on the way!

I know that you're not supposed to get any signs until after implantation, but I do hear a lot of ladies talking about getting pregnancy signs earlier than that so I'm not totally sure about it. I think anything that's unusual for you personally can be a good sign!

Please keep us updated on your signs!!
Mommy2JH likes this.

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

September 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I've read from various sources that say that implantation occurs anywhere from 3 to 10 days after ovulation. And then there are other sources which say 5 to 12 days after ovulation. So, being that my cramping started at 4dpo, I definitely think that implantation can happen earlier than 5-6dpo. It only takes a couple days for the fertilized egg to make it to your uterus---and after that, whose to say it won't decide to start digging in right away?

Also, I wanted to add that, if you DO get your BFP this month, don't be worried if you're still cramping. I cramped all the way up to my sixth week.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
September 21st, 2009, 10:08 PM
pictureunrelated's Avatar Veteran
It takes about 5 days for the egg to makes it travel to implant. But you can have cramping before that and cramping doesn't necessarily mean implantation. Implantation can have no cramping or have quite a bit. As far as medically we consider implantation to happen between 6-10 days. But it can take up to 12.

I hope this is your bfp!! Good luck and kup!!!

September 22nd, 2009, 06:02 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 3dpo today and having the same type of cramping. I don't know if it is really something or just my mind playing tricks on me because I want to be pregnant so bad.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 22nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
LindseyandJoeinAL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 8DPO and have had cramps for the last week. They're not truly painful, just like mini menstrual cramps and they come and go all day long. I also have VERY painful boobies the last two days. The "ladies" usually get sore a few days before AF, but never this early. Finally, my face has broken out over the last week unlike anything I've ever seen! This could be it!!

I'd like to buy everyone a round of babydust!
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

September 22nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Seems like there are quite a few of us that are having cramping this month during the 2ww! I had cramping both yesterday and the day before, which was 9-10 DPO, so not as early as you, but still in that 2ww. I hope this is it for ALLLLLL of us!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
September 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyandJoeinAL View Post
I am 8DPO and have had cramps for the last week. They're not truly painful, just like mini menstrual cramps and they come and go all day long. I also have VERY painful boobies the last two days. The "ladies" usually get sore a few days before AF, but never this early. Finally, my face has broken out over the last week unlike anything I've ever seen! This could be it!!

I'd like to buy everyone a round of babydust!
I will buy round 2!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Me too I'm 4dpo and cramping like crazy very unusual I usually cramp a day before af. Well I promised myself I wasn't gonna obsess about symptoms this month and I feel very calm about it lol unusual I'm a poas addict. Lol. Good to know you girls are on the tww with me. Kmfx for us. Let's share our symptoms.
September 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
amber1's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope this is it for you!!!! KUP!!!
September 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I had the same feeling 4 dpo and got a BFP 8 dpo. I just knew without a doubt at 4 dpo that this time had worked.
The cramping lasted about 2 days and then the nausea and body aches started. Good luck!!
September 22nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Wow 8 dpo. That's early. Lol I hope it happens to me too. Lol I'm cramping all day today off and on and a little backache as well. Thanks for sharing it with me. I'm just trying not to get my hopes too high.
September 22nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
I had cramping 4dpo and now im having some backpain and sick to my stomach i have taken 5 pregnancy test all negative i guess i took them to early and i just cant wait this waitin is killin me. AF is suppose to be comin next week on the 29 so im going to see how things go i hope i am im trying so hard so i guess if i test on the 25 it might b positive i hope we all get a BFP!
September 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI all! I'm having the same cramping! Not sure right when I oed but think I am 5-6 dpo. Cramping started 1 1/2 days ago thought AF was coming early bc my cycle is a little irregular. This is so nnice to know a lot of others are having same symptoms and are on the 2ww. Hope everyone gets a BFP !!!!!!
September 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanise.robertson View Post
I had cramping 4dpo and now im having some backpain and sick to my stomach i have taken 5 pregnancy test all negative i guess i took them to early and i just cant wait this waitin is killin me. AF is suppose to be comin next week on the 29 so im going to see how things go i hope i am im trying so hard so i guess if i test on the 25 it might b positive i hope we all get a BFP!
How many dpo were you when u tested? It was probably too early. Hope u get ur BFP in 2 days. kmfx. Baby dusts!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search