Is 10 dpo too early to test?

Forum: Am I Pregnant

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Am I Pregnant LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM
So I'm 10 dpo and I tested this morning but got a BFN. I'm so disappointed because I've heard friends say you could get a positive by 10 dpo. I've also read stories about women getting it that early. I had really sharp, pinching cramps in the center of my uterus, way down low, at 4 dpo til about 8 or 9 dpo. I was thinking that the pinching I was feeling was from implantation, but with a BFN this morning, now I'm doubting that I conceived. I just want to cry because I had never had that kind of cramping that FAR away from my period before, so I really thought I had conceived (plus, we had sex the day before ovulation, the day of, and the day after) What do you all think?
September 25th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
There have been many women who have tested at 10 DPO and got a negative and then gotten a positive on 11 dpo and so on.You still in the game till AF shows.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

September 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long are your cycles? Not all pregnancies are the same, HCG is created at the time of implantation so it all depends. I only have 21 day cycles so I usually test bfp around 10dpo. I wouldn't be sad yet!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 25th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
10DPO can still be early, honey - it depends on when you implanted. Early BFPs at 8-9 DPO are uncommon, 10DPO is more common but many ladies don't get their BFP until around 12 DPO or later. Hang in there - it's not over yet!

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

September 25th, 2009, 04:16 PM
To answer Misty's question, my cycles run from 40 to 50 days long (usually don't ovulate until day 20-30) Could my cycle lengths impact how soon I would get a BFP? I didn't think that length would matter--I mean, I figured once implantation happened, HCG just did its thing. Could my body just take longer to build up the HCG like it does estrogen, for ovulation??? Thanks!!!
TTC Miracle #1
September 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Are you charting or anything? How did you determine O? If your cycles are varying by that much you certainly could have ovulated later than you thought and that would definitely affect when you got a bfp. I know with my dd I was a full week late for my period before I got a bfp. I tested like 7 times and got tons of bfns before getting a bfp. I made everyone crazy because I just felt so pregnant. With her it turned out I O'd later than I thought. Hang in there and good luck to you hun. Hopefully you'll get your bfp soon.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
September 26th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks Teresa! I know when I ovulated because I am obsessed with paying attention to my cervical fluid, and I also chart my basal temp every morning. On the Tuesday I am sure I ovulated, I had peak cervical fluid. By Wednesday, it was drying up (that is a sign that ov took place, since the progesterone dries up the CF) Also, on Tuesday, I had a dip in my temp, and then by Wednesday, it had shot up high. It has remained high since that Wednesday. Another side note--my boobs started getting sore on Wednesday, leading me to think, when looking at the other signs, that ov occured on Tuesday and by Wednesday the progesterone had taken over.

It makes me feel better to hear women say they didn't get a BFP til later on. Thanks again for sharing!
TTC Miracle #1
September 26th, 2009, 08:35 PM
pictureunrelated's Avatar Veteran
It's entirely possible to not be getting a + hpt but actually be pregnant at 10 dpo. If you aren't late for period then relax and wait it out! After you are late if you still haven't got your AF or a positive after a week or 2 then get into a doctor for a blood test.

Good luck and kup!

September 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When are you planning on testing again, honey? x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

Topic Tools Search this Topic